Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 11:24 AM

Re: How Much?!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Omah, Thanks, that’s a better price. I’m not sure about them coming into my house. I’d rather drop it off somewhere and collect.
Apparently, when it’s being repaired, you have to give the repairer your password etc to access your phone in order to test if it’s all working ok.
Wouldn't you have to give your password to any repairer?

Here's a postal service (free postage) - Screen £39.99

https://www.foneangels.co.uk/repairs/iphone/iphone-6s/

Here's a local one you could get a price from:

http://www.phone-repairs.com/ - fill in the online form for a free quote - apparently, they can be found at 2198 Coventry Road, Birmingham, B26 3JH

You can send or take your phone .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Wouldn't you have to give your password to any repairer?

Here's a postal service (free postage) - Screen £39.99

https://www.foneangels.co.uk/repairs/iphone/iphone-6s/

Here's a local one you could get a price from:

http://www.phone-repairs.com/ - fill in the online form for a free quote - apparently, they can be found at 2198 Coventry Road, Birmingham, B26 3JH

You can send or take your phone .....
Thank You again! Omah.
I did mean all repairers, l should’ve worded it better!
I’ll have a look at the others you mentioned.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 12:53 PM

Terry, That’s a very kind gesture, Thank You but l suppose by the time l had paid recorded postage costs, it would probably amount to the same getting it done locally?
Wise choice....I was gonna nick it anyway
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:43 PM

l wondered if anyone knows if £90 is a good price or can you recommend somewhere else that replaces iphone screens?
Thank You.
Did you get a reasonably priced repair in the end .....
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 07:22 PM

There are different quality screens that can be added. You can get a top-of-the-line Apple screen or something not quite as good but which will work fine.

IMax Repairs, based in Tring is a very reputable company - they fixed the screen on my iPhone 5 a few years ago and it felt like brand-new.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 08:20 PM

You can get this protection thing stuck on your new screen for €5 it's supposed to protect them even if they are hit with a hammer.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 10:03 AM

Sorry Omah, l have only just seen this!
The phone belongs to my daughter who lives in London. She forgot to bring it the other weekend when she was up here to be a bridesmaid.
She said, she’ll get it done for me in London. I’ll let you know what happens!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

04-11-2017, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by artangel ->
sorry omah, l have only just seen this!
The phone belongs to my daughter who lives in london. She forgot to bring it the other weekend when she was up here to be a bridesmaid.
She said, she’ll get it done for me in london. I’ll let you know what happens!
ok .....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 04:02 PM

Don't be tempted to buy an iPhone X. If you drop it, its glass shell smashes, especially the back. The front of the phone is made of gorilla glass but the back isn't. Cutbacks in quality?

http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-bre...oull-find-out/

I bet the fanbois who rushed out to buy this latest offering are kicking themselves now as most insurances won't cover the cost of repair. A fool and his/her money are soon parted.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-11-2017, 05:16 PM

Omah, As you asked here is an update.

In the end, my daughter got the iPhone 6 screen done in London, it was £50 with a screen protector. She kindly paid for it, for me!!
It then had to be unlocked as l have a different provider. That cost ?£8.99.

With the unlocking and transferring everything over, l didn’t have a phone for a couple of days.

That has all now been sorted but l am a bit nervous, in case l drop the phone!! It is a bigger phone than my iPhone 4 but l suppose l will get used to it?!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top