Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 10:36 AM

Brexit Final Deal

I read today that the European Court of Justice can vote down any final deal.

Note for Theresa May - Not if we have already left they cant.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 11:01 AM

Re: Brexit Final Deal

The ECJ could only challenge a final deal if they deem any part of it to be illegal under EU law. Just as any deal could be challenged under UK law if any part of it is deemed illegal under UK law.

I'd guess that the EU is being careful to check legalities as the negotiations take place but, given the UK government's track record so far, I'd guess that it's Gina Miller who's keeping the eye on UK legalities.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
I read today that the European Court of Justice can vote down any final deal.

Note for Theresa May - Not if we have already left they cant.
She better get a bloody move on then O.S.
At the moment she is taking us through this slower than a ruddy tortoise!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 01:14 PM

Never mind the ECJ , our own MPs could vote down any final agreement, I fear that is what some were counting on when they were going on about having a vote on the final agreement
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 03:05 PM

We either leave in 2019 or Britain can be accused of no longer being a democracy.

An interesting situation to look forward to.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 03:44 PM

The referendum was advisory. Parliament voted to endorse the result of the referendum. Should Parliament in the future believe that the UK’s best interests would be served by rejoining the EU, Parliament would be able to endorse a re-entry application unless a binding referendum is held on the issue. And I don’t think any government would repeat Cameron’s mistake.

We live in a representative democracy. We vote for MP representatives to make decisions and act on our behalf.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
We either leave in 2019 or Britain can be accused of no longer being a democracy.

An interesting situation to look forward to.
Hi

If we leave in 2019 with a Transition Deal, we will not in reality be leaving, nothing will change until the end of the Transition Period.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tartlet ->
The referendum was advisory. Parliament voted to endorse the result of the referendum. Should Parliament in the future believe that the UK’s best interests would be served by rejoining the EU, Parliament would be able to endorse a re-entry application unless a binding referendum is held on the issue. And I don’t think any government would repeat Cameron’s mistake.

We live in a representative democracy. We vote for MP representatives to make decisions and act on our behalf.
You remainiacs will try anything to get the referendum decision overthrown.

Fortunately, the majority of people would respond to you, "What a load of rubbish."
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 04:23 PM

Fortunately, the majority of people would respond to you, "What a load of rubbish."
Don't think so.
Tartlet
UK

12-10-2017, 06:46 PM

I what way is my post rubbish? Where is it inaccurate?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top