Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 12:19 AM

Re: One In Four Remainers Now Back BrExit

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I am a Remainer and have most certainly not changed my view, neither have any members of my family. My view is that this country is on a cliff edge and the lemmings are rushing forward.
I am very glad that I will not live long enough to see the results but feel for my grandchildren's future which is now in jeopardy.
Me neither CeeCee, but then everything I predicted is happening now so I'm even more convinced this is like you say - but more like pied piper of Hamelyn leading the "children of Brexit".
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You miss my point. We certainly did have 'European unity' in the '30s and '40s.

It was called The Third Reich.

In case you're still wondering, I'm referring to the German expansion in order to control most of Europe.

Exactly what is happening with the EU right now. The only difference is that this time it is not a series of battles, but an economic conquest.
Your analogy is erroneous and cheap. Merkel is not a Nazi. She has a Polish Grandparent. You may recall the Nazis invaded Poland...

You may be an atheist but you have faith in DEpress, or you have investments that would benefit.... I have a friend who surprised me by voting Brexit, but then I found out he has funded his retirement with shrewd investments . One individual reportedly made £230m by hedging against the brexit vote... ho hum.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
GREAT NEWS indeed Realist.
Common sense is prevailing at long last.
Perhaps the Remoaners are getting over it?
Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good news indeed, and if it encourages the moaning minnies to stop their bleating, all the better.
Originally Posted by fender ->
Nope.

Purwell is still here spitting the dummy- LOSER!
Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Calling us Brexiteers stupid does nothing to further your cause Purwell.
Ha Ha - an expression about pots and kettles comes to mind.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Ha Ha - an expression about pots and kettles comes to mind.
I don't think these tiny brained people know the difference between a pot and a kettle, they just piss in the nearest one.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 12:57 AM

Some of the arguments on this site still remind me of my primary school days.........when we used to try to *cough* pee up the wall highest.
When the taunt "My Dad is bigger than your Dad" won the argument.

The Third Reich 'Unifying' Europe......exactly how they are now.....FFS !!!!!

Next election/referendum to save time and money we should poll 2000 Express readers..............sorted.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
PD the point was that countries that are members of the community do not go to war on each other. All the stuff you mention is before those countries were in the EU.

The combined army is no doubt to counterbalance the US and a move away from NATO (which nobody questions).
No Annie, the post clearly said that there had not been a war in Europe for over 70 yrs. My post corrected that statement saying there had been conflicts . Some of the countries may not have been in the European union at that time, but they were in Europe and as we see today the extreme groups are taking up positions to cause instability all over Europe right now. There are all countries including UK which are part of NATO anyway , so I doubt it's likely to be a counterbalance to the US and a European army would not be needed. Under who's command would it be ? That too is very concerning.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Still talking out of your arse.
And when are you going to stop being a Bum?!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-10-2017, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
No Annie, the post clearly said that there had not been a war in Europe for over 70 yrs. My post corrected that statement saying there had been conflicts . Some of the countries may not have been in the European union at that time, but they were in Europe and as we see today the extreme groups are taking up positions to cause instability all over Europe right now. There are all countries including UK which are part of NATO anyway , so I doubt it's likely to be a counterbalance to the US and a European army would not be needed. Under who's command would it be ? That too is very concerning.
Nonetheless your response was irrelevant to the subject we are discussing.

I don't agree with the army idea. Just trying to understand why they might want it.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Nonetheless your response was irrelevant to the subject we are discussing.

I don't agree with the army idea. Just trying to understand why they might want it.
No it wasn't irrelevant, because we are discussing Brexit and most of the countries mentioned are either now in the union or sitting on the edge waiting to become members.
When things get too big ,they get too hot to handle. That is the way the EU is going, and until recently we could have had Turkey as part of the EU, it still could happen. Too many hot blooded males from many different cultures and could all be trying to run one ship. Mutiny springs to mind eventually.
We know about the last full blown war in Europe , which could very easily be replicated on a much greater scale. So 70 yrs of peace in Europe means nothing and no good reason for remaining.
Let's not forget, Germany were kicked into the long grass for years after the last war, but it would seem it was not forever . A lot of people don't like it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-10-2017, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
No it wasn't irrelevant, because we are discussing Brexit and most of the countries mentioned are either now in the union or sitting on the edge waiting to become members.
When things get too big ,they get too hot to handle. That is the way the EU is going, and until recently we could have had Turkey as part of the EU, it still could happen. Too many hot blooded males from many different cultures and could all be trying to run one ship. Mutiny springs to mind eventually.
We know about the last full blown war in Europe , which could very easily be replicated on a much greater scale. So 70 yrs of peace in Europe means nothing and no good reason for remaining.
Let's not forget, Germany were kicked into the long grass for years after the last war, but it would seem it was not forever . A lot of people don't like it.
I meant the comments connecting wars to the EU. There have been no wars between members since ww2. Before they join is irrelevant. People are making a convenient conspiracy but it doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top