Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 12:47 AM

Re: Do you still have a landline?

I still have my landline number but since the NBN fibre arrived it is purely a VOIP line. (One of lifes little pleasures was telling Telstra to stick their landline and its outrageous rental where the sun don't shine.)

I use my mobile for everything because it is so much cheaper than the landline ever was. I pay $25 (£13) per month for unlimited 4G calls, texts and MMS plus 2Gb of data. This also includes unlimited calls, texts and MMS to 10 overseas countries like the USA, UK and Malaysia.

Often I call my brother in the UK or a friends in the USA or Malaysia to chat for an hour or so.

Certainly no landline is even close to being as economical and certainly not as portable (Doh!).

Two of my kids have never had a landline. When I think of the money I spent getting a phone connected when I was renting I don't blame them.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I still have my landline number but since the NBN fibre arrived it is purely a VOIP line. (One of lifes little pleasures was telling Telstra to stick their landline and its outrageous rental where the sun don't shine.)

I use my mobile for everything because it is so much cheaper than the landline ever was. I pay $25 (£13) per month for unlimited 4G calls, texts and MMS plus 2Gb of data. This also includes unlimited calls, texts and MMS to 10 overseas countries like the USA, UK and Malaysia.

Often I call my brother in the UK or a friends in the USA or Malaysia to chat for an hour or so.

Certainly no landline is even close to being as economical and certainly not as portable (Doh!).

Two of my kids have never had a landline. When I think of the money I spent getting a phone connected when I was renting I don't blame them.
It's funny you say that because my son, who is 18, has never known a life with a landline and has never known a life without computers and cells phones. He's been playing on computers since he was 2.

Times sure have changed.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 03:40 AM

Yes.........i wont give my mobile number to companies or people I don't know or dislike.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Yes.........i wont give my mobile number to companies or people I don't know or dislike.
Same here,use the mobile to ring 01,02,03 numbers but if I don't recognise a number calling me on the mobile I'll not answer.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 11:43 AM

Yes, my landline is tied to my internet package, but I would keep it anyway. I get 500 minutes a month free to call anywhere in Europe, plus one outside Europe. All calls within Spain are free. I rarely make calls on my mobile, only when necessary.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 11:51 AM

I still have a landline
But it's my answer machine that answers it so I don't have to!

Anyone who is someone to me has my mobile number!
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Same here. People I know have my primary cell number. Everyone else gets the secondary, that I don't even turn on half the time. And when I do, all the voicemails are junk. No surprise there.
Senex
California, USA
Senex is male  Senex has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I do since it came with my Broadband, but I don't use it as much as my mobiles.
That is all I have. There are people on street corners hawking free pocket phones now, but I would not touch one. Not for them that values privacy.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 06:20 AM

Don't we have to have a landline to get the internet? I thought we did? We don't have cable where I live well not yet anyway. I thought a landline was standard with an internet package.
mercury
New Member!
United Kingdom devon
mercury is male 

03-02-2018, 10:22 AM

Yes I still have one and I use it, I think it sounds better.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top