Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 01:13 PM

Re: Answerphone messages

Awww Mupsy, that's so sad.

Remember we always say, 'what will be will be'.

Maybe, if it can't be retrieved, it is meant to be that way for some reason. Perhaps it might be lost so you can't play it and feel sad, which he wouldn't want.

He will always be there with you and as you said he sounded pretty awful singing your birthday wishes, it will bring a smile more than sadness remembering it rather than hearing him.

Not saying what I mean very well (tis one of those days), but hopefully you get my drift.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 10:41 PM

Thanks Pesta. You are probably right about he wouldn't want me to feel sad. He didn't do 'sad.'
It just knocked me more I think, because I did such a stupid thing on the very day he was being cremated, so I wasn't very happy to start with.
In fact, that is probably why I wasn't concentrating and so made the mistake in the first place.

Glad to say my son text me tonight to let me know he had got back safely, it was about 600 mile round trip, so I am glad he is home safe.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 08:21 PM

I had lunch with my son today after his long trip back from the cremation in Scotland.

He brought back loads of very old photographs of me and his Dad and himself as a baby. Gosh that brought back memories.

It's all over now, and though I lost that phone message I wanted, I have memories and some lovely old pictures to keep.

One last thing, this evening I read part of the eulogy my son had written for his Dad.

This line in particular I found very touching. It read: -

"Even though as a child I came from divorced parents, I always felt loved."

That meant such a lot.

I will put this thread to bed now, and thanks once again to again everyone who tried to help. X
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

"Even though as a child I came from divorced parents, I always felt loved."

That meant such a lot

Sorry to snip your post up Mups... but I wanted to highlight the above. That's lovely and should put your mind at rest when thinking if you've done right or wrong bringing him up on your own ... you did well lass.

Such an emotional time for you. Hope you're ok x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-10-2017, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Sorry to snip your post up Mups... but I wanted to highlight the above. That's lovely and should put your mind at rest when thinking if you've done right or wrong bringing him up on your own ... you did well lass.

Such an emotional time for you. Hope you're ok x

Thank you so much for that Pesta, and you hit the nail on the head. I questioned myself many times over his growing up years, but I feel at peace now. x x
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

25-10-2017, 08:56 PM

Bugga.... I'm snivelling twice now... feeling your 'at peace' emotions and Tpins Henry and his mother. Good snivels for things turning out well.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-10-2017, 09:47 PM

Nothing wrong with a good snivel, my friend, I often have 'em.
At least it show's we've got feelings.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

27-10-2017, 11:36 PM

Pesta, finally to finish.. . A white feather appearing is supposed to be our Angel telling us that any loved ones in heaven are safe and well.
This afternoon, I found a small pure white feather laying on my worktop in the kitchen.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 08:03 AM

Hmmm, I've never found a white feather. I hate to think what it could mean.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-10-2017, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Hmmm, I've never found a white feather. I hate to think what it could mean.

Well I like to think it was rather special Plopsy.
How on earth could it get indoors and onto my worktop otherwise?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top