Join for free
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 08:04 AM

Twitter

Does anyone know if when someone "likes" a post, the poster - who you are NOT "following" - gets a notification? Also, it's possible to cancel that "like".......do they then get a notification of that too?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 09:14 AM

Re: Twitter

No idea I'm not a twitterer, not a face Booker, my addiction is forums where you can actually make decent length posts. But I'm sure someone will be along knows we must have some twitterers here.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 09:43 AM

I have a Twitter account but rarely use it, don't really understand what is happening so no help I'm afraid.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I have a Twitter account but rarely use it, don't really understand what is happening so no help I'm afraid.
My account says I've tweeted 24 times - which is true and I can see all my tweets by clicking on the link; I'm following 21 people and I can see all those people by clicking on the link; I have three followers.........but I can only see one! ; I have 21 likes..........and I can see those likes; and I have zero lists and moments!!!

BUT I can't see if anyone has liked my posts, and if so, who they are!!

Seriously annoying!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 08:26 PM

If you like a `Tweet` you can give your approval (like) by tapping the heart symbol under the Tweet, you don't have to be following anyone to do so. Touching the heart symbol again will remove your approval but you need to do this in a preset time interval. The author of the Tweet will be notified if you like their Tweet. If you decide to remove your `like` much later, the author of the Tweet won't be notified.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

24-10-2017, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
If you like a `Tweet` you can give your approval (like) by tapping the heart symbol under the Tweet, you don't have to be following anyone to do so. Touching the heart symbol again will remove your approval but you need to do this in a preset time interval. The author of the Tweet will be notified if you like their Tweet. If you decide to remove your `like` much later, the author of the Tweet won't be notified.
Thanks Judd. BUT if you "like" by tapping the heart symbol, will the poster be notified? Also, if you re-tap the heart to remove your like, will the poster be notified of the original like??
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Thanks Judd. BUT if you "like" by tapping the heart symbol, will the poster be notified? Also, if you re-tap the heart to remove your like, will the poster be notified of the original like??
Like I said in my previous post, the poster will be notified after a certain time, not immediately. This gives you time to change your mind.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

24-10-2017, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Like I said in my previous post, the poster will be notified after a certain time, not immediately. This gives you time to change your mind.
Thanks very much - appreciated!

Can I ask another question please? How can I post a private message?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

24-10-2017, 09:59 PM

On the top of the Home screen there is an envelope symbol - touch that, but you can only PM people people who follow you.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top