Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 08:24 PM

UnPatriotic Comrade Corbyn Snubs WW1 Celebrations

Corbyn SAVAGED for SHOCKING insult to World War 1 heroes – 'What is there to commemorate?'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/875...drew-Rosindell

"JEREMY CORBYN has been savaged for historic comments he made questioning the money Britain spent remembering the centenary of World War One on the eve of Remembrance "Day.

The Labour Party leader was branded a “complete joke” after footage from April 2013 showed Mr Corbyn criticising the “shedload” of money David Cameron and Nick Clegg’s Coalition Government was planning on spending to mark the 100th anniversary of the war

Commenting on the plans to display ceramic poppies at the Tower of London, Mr Corbyn said:

“Next year, the Government is apparently proposing to spend shedloads of money commemorating the First World War. I’m not quite sure what there is to commemorate about the First World War, other than the mass slaughter of millions of young men and women – mainly men on the Western Front and all the other places."

"Conservative MP Andrew Rosindell was outraged by the historic footage, insisting Mr Corbyn doesn’t understand a “sign of respect to those who have fallen” for their country. "

"From hosting extremist linked groups, calling Hamas and Hezbollah his friends, and his solidarity with the IRA, it is clear Jeremy Corbyn’s posture as a peace campaigner is a complete joke."

"A Royal Navy veteran and former Ukip leadership candidate Ben Walker also joined the criticism of Mr Corbyn’s 2013 comments.

He said: “Hundreds of thousands of British service personnel have paid with their lives and well being, along with their families, suffering to defend and protect the freedoms he enjoys today.

“I find his comments abhorrent and ill-judged.”

Corbyn has no respect at all for this country. He is about as anti-Britain as they come. He won't sing the national anthem, he supported the IRA whilst British soldiers were being killed, he wants to cripple the defence of this country.

The man is a complete cad. Totally unelectable.

You may as well vote Jimmy Saville in as the patron saint of "Save The Children"!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 01:24 PM

Re: UnPatriotic Comrade Corbyn Snubs WW1 Celebrations

Originally Posted by realist ->
corbyn savaged for shocking insult to world war 1 heroes – 'what is there to commemorate?'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/875...drew-rosindell

"jeremy corbyn has been savaged for historic comments he made questioning the money britain spent remembering the centenary of world war one on the eve of remembrance "day.

The labour party leader was branded a “complete joke” after footage from april 2013 showed mr corbyn criticising the “shedload” of money david cameron and nick clegg’s coalition government was planning on spending to mark the 100th anniversary of the war

commenting on the plans to display ceramic poppies at the tower of london, mr corbyn said:

“next year, the government is apparently proposing to spend shedloads of money commemorating the first world war. I’m not quite sure what there is to commemorate about the first world war, other than the mass slaughter of millions of young men and women – mainly men on the western front and all the other places."

"conservative mp andrew rosindell was outraged by the historic footage, insisting mr corbyn doesn’t understand a “sign of respect to those who have fallen” for their country. "

"from hosting extremist linked groups, calling hamas and hezbollah his friends, and his solidarity with the ira, it is clear jeremy corbyn’s posture as a peace campaigner is a complete joke."

"a royal navy veteran and former ukip leadership candidate ben walker also joined the criticism of mr corbyn’s 2013 comments.

He said: “hundreds of thousands of british service personnel have paid with their lives and well being, along with their families, suffering to defend and protect the freedoms he enjoys today.

“i find his comments abhorrent and ill-judged.”

corbyn has no respect at all for this country. He is about as anti-britain as they come. He won't sing the national anthem, he supported the ira whilst british soldiers were being killed, he wants to cripple the defence of this country.

The man is a complete cad. Totally unelectable.

You may as well vote jimmy saville in as the patron saint of "save the children"!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 01:28 PM

Isn't he right though that's what we comemorate, all those young men and women killed and maimed in the theatre of war.

Only difference is he is savaged for saying it because he's him.

I have to admit I looked at the giant poppies our council stuck on lampposts made me think they could have spent the money on the survivors or the families of the fallen, rather than plastics manufacturers and made a real difference.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 01:32 PM

Maybe Corbyn would rather commemorate all those killed and maimed by the IRA?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 01:41 PM

I suspect that he would be more than happy to Commemorate the deaths of Terrorists, I am puzzled as to his politics, does he think that he will extra votes from the Islamic and Irish Community, whilst losing votes from the Jewish Community and those who have lost loved ones due to terrorist attacks.
Who is actually pulling his strings...Momentum?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 01:59 PM

What a t**t that man is.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 02:08 PM

Indeed, but he can’t be real? He must be someone’s sock puppet.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Isn't he right though that's what we comemorate, all those young men and women killed and maimed in the theatre of war.

Only difference is he is savaged for saying it because he's him.

I have to admit I looked at the giant poppies our council stuck on lampposts made me think they could have spent the money on the survivors or the families of the fallen, rather than plastics manufacturers and made a real difference.
It's been reported this morning that someone has been going round Feltham in West London removing the poppies off the lampposts, twenty in all. The poppies featured the names of the local soldiers who died in WW1. The chap who fitted them in the first place has vowed to replace them all.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 02:48 PM

He's a dickhead. Even he, surely, can understand what commemorate means? He must be mentally challenged.

I guess he's concerned with more current fiscal matters .. like donations from Hamas linked bedfellows whose cheque bounced.
Yay ... Peace to all Men.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 05:46 PM

This was 4 years ago and there certainly are more important things that money could have been spent on. Extremely childish OP by an very sad person.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top