Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 09:29 AM

Industrial Tribunals

Hi

A glorious example of how they can be misused.

Pot plants on desks.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3503661.html

The costs of cases like this are not met by magic.

They come out of that section budget where the complainant works.

It can mean someone loses their job or has their hours cut to fund it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 11:13 AM

Re: Industrial Tribunals

I'm amazed he got a hearing, one person I know has a real ce but can't afford to take it forward, her only recourse was to go to the police, yes it was that bad. Police took it forward and he was found guilty in court but they were annoyed it had got into court as it was more suited to an industrial tribunal. Man is still working at the company she isn't and has taken a lesser job will never get back to the position she was in before. It's all wrong IMO this man makes a mockery of it but I can't get too upset as too many are being denied a chance to be heard.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 12:29 PM

This case is still continuing and will be determined by an Employment Appeal Tribunal:

He was permitted to appeal and a judge ordered the tribunal to re-examine his complaints of direct racial discrimination and racial harassment. This hearing will be held at a date to be fixed.

Mr Kenbata said: “I genuinely believed I was being unlawfully discriminated against. My complaint centred on the handling of a grievance and [its dismissal]. My claims of discrimination and harassment are yet to be determined at a remitted hearing.”
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 12:48 PM

One word. Stupid.

So what was the plant then? Would that help shed light on the underlying subtleties of the case or add understanding to what otherwise appears to be plain daft.

Blame the plant. I've got a Wandering Jew in my house and it's never once complained about racial segregation.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
One word. Stupid.

So what was the plant then? Would that help shed light on the underlying subtleties of the case or add understanding to what otherwise appears to be plain daft.

Blame the plant. I've got a Wandering Jew in my house and it's never once complained about racial segregation.

Cannabis???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 12:53 PM

Actually rereading it it might have a point, I've seen people build barriers between desks before either plants or books etc they only do it to annoy the other person. And to discuss the complaint in the open office that's not on at all it's designed to ridicule the complainant. Bullying ! Now whether it was race that was the problem is the question. It could just be something else.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 01:02 PM

This is the sort of story that if it had come about twenty years ago, it would have been on April 1st. Sadly this type of story is far too common now.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Actually rereading it it might have a point, I've seen people build barriers between desks before either plants or books etc they only do it to annoy the other person. And to discuss the complaint in the open office that's not on at all it's designed to ridicule the complainant. Bullying ! Now whether it was race that was the problem is the question. It could just be something else.
The biggest barriers I've ever seen on anyone's office desk is the in-tray ... usually overpoweringly tall edifices.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

04-11-2017, 01:12 PM

The biggest barriers I've ever seen on anyone's office desk is the in-tray ... usually overpoweringly tall edifices.
Very few have them where I work but they do have towering piles of paper and reports, strategically placed to block off the person next to them or across the desk. Open plan offices seem to me to be work of someone never had to work in them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 01:12 PM

I bet the in trays are particularly big in council offices.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top