Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 09:36 AM

Re: Windows 10

I wouldn't pour acid into the machine, and certainly not my beer or wine.
Let us know how everything went. If you can, after the test.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 01:23 PM

Well - it doesn't like CorelDraw - neither 8 nor 9 - which is a bitter blow as I used that a lot. The latest version of CorelDraw is about £500.50p - so that will have to wait a while.

It would have loaded Mediaface (makes CD labels) except it has been around so long I have lost the serial number - any one know a way around this?

Craft discs - obviously have not had time to run all of them - tried some of the oldest and they work - with a little persuasion !
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well - it doesn't like CorelDraw - neither 8 nor 9 - which is a bitter blow as I used that a lot. The latest version of CorelDraw is about £500.50p - so that will have to wait a while.

It would have loaded Mediaface (makes CD labels) except it has been around so long I have lost the serial number - any one know a way around this?

Craft discs - obviously have not had time to run all of them - tried some of the oldest and they work - with a little persuasion !
Someone here had lost serial number, might help: https://www.justanswer.com/computer/...aface-4-0.html
Another idea here for Coreldraw:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...b8f2709?auth=1
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 08:00 PM

Thanks for the links, Purwell.

The one for the lost serial number wanted money to connect me to someone in USA.

Tried the instructions for CorelDraw in the second link - but they would not work for me.

Thanks for trying to help.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 08:05 PM

Worth a try but I am sure there's someone out there who can help.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 08:58 PM

Thanks for the links, Purwell.

The one for the lost serial number wanted money to connect me to someone in USA.

Tried the instructions for CorelDraw in the second link - but they would not work for me.

Thanks for trying to help.
Sometimes the simple way works best.

i.e. try going to the mediaface website service desk and tell them you have lost your security code.

If you have evr used/registered it they might give you it back.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 09:06 AM

I use Windows 10 and found that, even with compatibility mode, CorelDraw version 9 wouldn't work. Not that I really needed that version but just wanted to see if it would install and work.

Some years back I started using the Home & Student versions of the CorelDraw Suite. They are somewhat cut down in the finer details of functionality but I find both CorelDraw and Photo-Paint (included in the suite) thoroughly usable. Version X8 is the latest but I found X7 to be not much different and so am using this on the latest version of Windows 10.

CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X7 can be bought from Amazon for £80. Temporarily out of stock unfortunately but you may be able to find it elsewhere.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

09-11-2017, 09:42 PM

Yipee - I have finally persuaded the beast to accept CorelDraw 9 - took a bit of foo foo dust and the threat of ripping it's hard disc out and throwing it in the compost - but now it is installed and working - and I am a happy bunny again - complete with illustrations!!

Tedc - I have emailed MediaFACE - but they are in USA and I am not sure of the time differences - they may not have seen it yet. Will let you know if they are helpful.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top