Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 01:39 PM

Re: What makes you British ?

What makes me British is that I was born in Britain, nothing more. I am in fact English first of all.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 02:48 PM

I am glad to be born in this country, I am very happy to have the political system I inherited.

But to be proud of something outside of my influence doesn't seem to be the right word.
I am glad to share the British core values of fairness, and honesty.

Whether those demanding they are English or Scottish first like it or not they are many different non exclusive labels.

Me ? I am a son, father, grandfather, great grandfather,Londoner, husband......to cut a very long list short, English British European and a human being
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Good for you Roxy. The Scots are the most patriotic people I have met.
Except for Yorkies, of course.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
I am glad to be born in this country, I am very happy to have the political system I inherited.

But to be proud of something outside of my influence doesn't seem to be the right word.
I am glad to share the British core values of fairness, and honesty.

Whether those demanding they are English or Scottish first like it or not they are many different non exclusive labels.

Me ? I am a son, father, grandfather, great grandfather,Londoner, husband......to cut a very long list short, English British European and a human being
And you were doing so, so well.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Being British, to me, means a sense of fairness.
I agree totally.

Underpinning that notion is the ancient and fundamental principle of "Habeus Corpus" which is in layman's terms . .

"Innocent until proved guilty"

It is the backbone of our justice system and policing.

It is what keeps us away from the medieval nonsense of just grabbing someone and throwing them away in prison without trial or jury and without evidence.

The EU on the other hand is abolishing "Habeus Corpus" and replacing it with Corpus Juris".

The latter means that the totalitarian EU authorities CAN grab anyone and throw them in jail for very long periods of time WITHOUT any evidence to prove guilt. If they suspect, they can incarcerate you and require that YOU, the incarcerated victim, then prove your innocence, which is somewhat difficult to do from behind bars.

This is the kind of dark ages mentality that will see nations enslaved and ruled with ruthlessness. It must be opposed at every juncture.

British values and spirit were . . . are . . . under pinned by a set of historic and massively important documents and treaties that have been in place for hundreds of years which include the Magna Carta and Common Law.

For years these constitutional fundamentals have been the back bone of British society and have protected our freedoms. Protected us from oppression by despots and totalitarian regimes.

Now, those core principles have been swwept aside by fraudulent politicians who have, by stealth, disregarded them and sold the UK down the river into the EU. That is treason plain and simple.

The British Constitution must be restored as soon as humanly possible. It must be done immediately following BrExit to prevent fraudulent EU stooge politicians ever again having the power to sell the country to foreign powers.

The British Constitution underpins British values, our freedoms, our way of life.

https://www.britishconstitutiongroup.com/

Read up on this and support it imo
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 06:38 PM

My Parents - George & Dragon
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
My Parents - George & Dragon
Yeah I guess she was a bit of a dragon

fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 09:21 PM

I agree with Swims.......
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 11:19 PM

I'm English and always will be, don't want to be part of Britain stuff Britain.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I agree totally.

Underpinning that notion is the ancient and fundamental principle of "Habeus Corpus" which is in layman's terms . .

"Innocent until proved guilty"

It is the backbone of our justice system and policing.

It is what keeps us away from the medieval nonsense of just grabbing someone and throwing them away in prison without trial or jury and without evidence.

The EU on the other hand is abolishing "Habeus Corpus" and replacing it with Corpus Juris".

The latter means that the totalitarian EU authorities CAN grab anyone and throw them in jail for very long periods of time WITHOUT any evidence to prove guilt. If they suspect, they can incarcerate you and require that YOU, the incarcerated victim, then prove your innocence, which is somewhat difficult to do from behind bars.

This is the kind of dark ages mentality that will see nations enslaved and ruled with ruthlessness. It must be opposed at every juncture.
So how is that compatible with the "European Convention of Human Rights" article 6 ? :

"The principle of the presumption of innocence requires, inter alia, that when carrying out their duties, the members of a court should not start with the preconceived idea that the accused has committed the offence charged; the burden of proof is on the prosecution, and any doubt should benefit the accused. "

(Article 6 § 2 of the Convention “2. Everyone charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law.)
http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Gu...iminal_ENG.pdf

British values and spirit were . . . are . . . under pinned by a set of historic and massively important documents and treaties that have been in place for hundreds of years which include the Magna Carta and Common Law.
Which is interesting because common law often comes under attack on this very forum. Some would like it replaced with the medieval eye for an eye. (This of course changes when debating Islam...)

The British Constitution[ must be restored as soon as humanly possible. It must be done immediately following BrExit to prevent fraudulent EU stooge politicians ever again having the power to sell the country to foreign powers.

The British Constitution underpins British values, our freedoms, our way of life.

We have never gotten rid of the British constitution therefore it does not need restoration as it is in place.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top