Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 11:36 AM

Re: do you remember Laika

Yes, I remember her (only just) but it was probably the first impact of animal cruelty that I understood.

It upset me then and it upsets me even more now.

I think they followed on with a monkey (probably more than one)
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Yes, I remember her (only just) but it was probably the first impact of animal cruelty that I understood.

It upset me then and it upsets me even more now.

I think they followed on with a monkey (probably more than one)
They must have thought that monkeys can handle the controls better.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 12:35 PM

I vaguely remember it, but the horrendous things done to animals in the name of science, medical science, absolutely anything, are appalling and wicked. Such cruelty still goes on, albeit behind closed doors and in secrecy.
I knew a woman who worked at such a place, an establishment in Congleton. Her job was to take the animals, mostly dogs, for their experimental operations and collect them afterwards. This woman would have me in tears in seconds, I despised her for what she did, more so as how she could possibly do it. It was well paid, she said. As far as I'm concerned anything that involves making animals suffer is wrong, and I don't care what excuse is given.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Didn't read all of that, I feel too angry and upset Aerolor.

That article said in the headling how she died within hours, yet in the second paragraph it says it took a week to die.
It doesn't look as if she could even get to any water to lap when she was heating up.
Absolutely disgraceful. I like to think the buggers would never get away with that these days. There would be an outcry and animal rights would be there like a shot.
i would like to think so Mups but i doubt it.
I expect they still do horrific experiments on animals we just are not told about it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 12:24 AM

Oh yes, I don't doubt that for one moment Muddy, but I doubt they would get away with making it so public now, with photo's of the progress of their mad experiments. I would hope they would be lynched.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 12:47 AM

I remember Laika and being upset that she died

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top