Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 10:58 AM

NHS Boss...we want our cash boost!

We want our Brexit cash boost - NHS boss - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41908302

Good for him; demand the money that was promised.
£350 million a week...yeah right!!

Of course it was a lie... let's see how the Gov wriggle out of this one.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 11:02 AM

Re: NHS Boss...we want our cash boost!

Well until we are out and that could be years where does he think it will come from ?

I'm sure they can help themselves a big too, keep refusing to charge people who aren't entitled to NHS care why should anyone help any more than they do now ? I'm a big fan of NHS but unless they try a bit to help themselves they can't make demands.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
We want our Brexit cash boost - NHS boss - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41908302

Good for him; demand the money that was promised.
£350 million a week...yeah right!!

Of course it was a lie... let's see how the Gov wriggle out of this one.
We are still paying in ruthio. Wait until we come out of the EU and then ask the question.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 11:27 AM

I don't understand people who go on about the bus which says...

that says to me we send £350 million a week to the EU, if we don't send it there will be more cash available to spend as we wish including on the NHS.
Nowhere does it say we can spend all the £350 million on the NHS and I think those who choose to interpret it as saying that have their own agenda.

As Scot says we are still sending the money to the EU at this time anyway.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 11:32 AM

The UK spends £56 billion per year on defence, most of which is directed at the activity in the middle east, and the NHS is complaining about the miss-direction of £350 million, which Incidentally will still have to be stumped up until our exit of the EU in 2019.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 12:14 PM

Hi

The UK has never, ever, sent the EU £350 million a week.

That was a complete lie.

I know people who were under the impression that leaving the EU would gain us money to spend on the NHS and voted accordingly.

Leaving will cost us money, not gain us money.

How long that lasts is down to the skill and ability of our Politicians.

It is my view, that at the moment, we are being seriously let down by our Politicians.

They have not delivered on a single one of their promises to date.

The EU has not caved in, we have not managed to replicate our existing Free Trade Deals as part of being in the EU.

The biggest objector to that has been the USA, with whom we were promised a quick and easy Free Trade Deal.

They have imposed massive sanctions on Bombardier.

India has told us to get lost.

WTO Rules?

75% of our exports are services, not covered by WTO Rules.

We triggered Article 50 with the battle cry " No Deal is better than a Bad Deal".

The EU said fine, you can have no deal.

We have now gone begging for a Transition Period, which we are going to be badly stung for.

All the EU have to do to get our contributions back and make a profit is to give us a Free Trade Deal under WTO Rules.

No tariffs either way on manufactured goods and agricultural products.

They simply take our main Exports, Services, and grab the Tax they pay.

Putting it simply, that means 50% more Austerity or massive Tax rises.

Our Politicians have messed up.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 12:41 PM

Now let me see.....who voted them into power?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well until we are out and that could be years where does he think it will come from ?

Nobody made that clear to voters. It was a very powerful bit of spin in the pro leave campaign. A big promise but no details of how it can be fulfilled. I said at the time that it was a load of rubbish but it did sway voters.

Leave should now make firm commitments to cough up the funding rather than excuses of why they didn't really mean it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Now let me see.....who voted them into power?
The people that voted for them I would think.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 01:35 PM

Surely the NHS will be saving money once they stop treating the fat smokers.

As above, we are still paying in so nothing can happen yet.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top