Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 08:51 AM

NHS seven day working

We all knew that scumbag Hunt lied, and lied through his teeth, but here now is the positive proof!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/he...-a8044521.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 10:21 AM

Re: NHS seven day working

Am I surprised ? Umm no not a bit.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 02:37 PM

Me neither..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 04:22 PM

Me neither......

..Oh sorry, I meant about the thread.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 10:24 AM

The 5 day NHS needs to end.

People get ill and need care 7 days a week.

The fact that Doctors and Consultants are not compelled to work accross a 7 day shift pattern is disgusting and patients suffer.

My partner works in the NHS and as a nurse HAS to work at weekends. It's like a ghost town where she works and they simply cant cope. If a Doctor does decide to do a shift he/she gets mega bucks,
Every NHS worker needs to work a 5 day shift pattern across 7 days over 24 hrs. It's not difficult is it?
There's plenty of money in the NHS ( better funded now than ever before) and there are more staff employed now than ever before.

These new shift patterns would save vast amounts in overtime pay, temporary staff cover and premium rates paid to GP's and junior doctors for extra shifts.
Expensive Scanners etc would be less likely to be sitting idle and patients ( Let's not forget them) would have access to the best Health workers and the best facilities 24 hrs a day , 7 days a week.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The 5 day NHS needs to end.

People get ill and need care 7 days a week.

The fact that Doctors and Consultants are not compelled to work accross a 7 day shift pattern is disgusting and patients suffer.

My partner works in the NHS and as a nurse HAS to work at weekends. It's like a ghost town where she works and they simply cant cope. If a Doctor does decide to do a shift he/she gets mega bucks,

Total bullsh*t!!!

I have been in hospital on many occasions. Yes Consultants tend not to do weekend work, but junior doctors (up and including Registrars) do do weekend work, I've actually seen them do so!!! Furthermore I spent some time with the junior doctors on the picket line outside the hospital last year and know just how hard some of these doctors do work to maintain the NHS
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Total bullsh*t!!!

I have been in hospital on many occasions. Yes Consultants tend not to do weekend work, but junior doctors (up and including Registrars) do do weekend work, I've actually seen them do so!!! Furthermore I spent some time with the junior doctors on the picket line outside the hospital last year and know just how hard some of these doctors do work to maintain the NHS
Emotive claptrap..

There is no viable argument for consultants etc not working a shift pattern that covers 24hrs a day and 7 days a week, if that's what is needed.

As for junior doctors, they are politicised and deluded. Their protests are more to do with anti-Tory ranting than any concern for the NHS.

THe new Junior Doctors contract increase their pay, reduces their working week from 56 to 48 hours as an average and reduces the maximum they are permitted to work from 91hrs to 72 hours over a maximum of 7 consecutive days.....

More money , less hours and it has been agreed by everyone except the BMA.....so what are you complaining about ?
Moscow
Scotland

12-11-2017, 10:53 AM

Found this for you...

https://fullfact.org/health/new-juni...heir-reaction/

Doctors have it bang off and always have had. They are a bunch of entitled, middle class elitists who look after their own.

The pathway to becoming a doctor is closed off to the working class and if that were to change we would have many thousands more doctors and they would be far better employees and not 'up their own arses' like our current crop of Consultants, GP's and junior doctors.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

12-11-2017, 10:54 AM

Emotive claptrap..

There is no viable argument for consultants etc not working a shift pattern that covers 24hrs a day and 7 days a week, if that's what is needed.

As for junior doctors, they are politicised and deluded. Their protests are more to do with anti-Tory ranting than any concern for the NHS.

THe new Junior Doctors contract increase their pay, reduces their working week from 56 to 48 hours as an average and reduces the maximum they are permitted to work from 91hrs to 72 hours over a maximum of 7 consecutive days.....

More money , less hours and it has been agreed by everyone except the BMA.....so what are you complaining about ?

I'm not complaining, I'm pointing out FACTS and criticising your earlier comments, which have no connection with reality whatsoever.

The junior doctors who came out on strike last year about their contracts (and rightly so) since Hunt (phth, phth, phth) has failed entirely to provide enough funds to provide a seven day service. Its not the doctors who don't work seven days, but all the diagnostic staff, Radiographers, phlebotomists, laboratory staff etc. etc. and there is no increase in money for this at all.

The scumbag 'nasty party' have always attempted to privatise and run down the NHS and starve it of funds consistently since its inception.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

12-11-2017, 11:00 AM

Found this for you...

https://fullfact.org/health/new-juni...heir-reaction/

Doctors have it bang off and always have had. They are a bunch of entitled, middle class elitists who look after their own.

The pathway to becoming a doctor is closed off to the working class and if that were to change we would have many thousands more doctors and they would be far better employees and not 'up their own arses' like our current crop of Consultants, GP's and junior doctors.

Do I detect the politics of envy here??? - what's the matter??? failed your final exams??? couldn't keep up the pace??? couldn't take in all the studies and practical work on the wards???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top