Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:19 AM

Emails

I've got an odd problem this morning, I can't send any emails.

I have written the email, then click on the contacts to get who I am sending it to, but the address book is 'grey-out'.
I can still see all the contacts, but when I click on one, nothing happens.

Has anyone any idea what's gone wrong please?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:21 AM

Re: Emails

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've got an odd problem this morning, I can't send any emails.

I have written the email, then click on the contacts to get who I am sending it to, but the address book is 'grey-out'.
I can still see all the contacts, but when I click on one, nothing happens.

Has anyone any idea what's gone wrong please?
Mups who is your email supplier...
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:23 AM

What email system are you using?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
What email system are you using?

When it starts up "Windows Live Mail" appears on the screen first, and my address is at ntlworld.com
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:59 AM

Yahoo had a glitch a few days ago but seems ok now, I don't know anything about windows live though sorry.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 11:04 AM

Microsoft has "discontinued" Windows Live Mail:

http://www.techradar.com/news/the-be...dows-live-mail

Earlier this year, Microsoft ended support for its trusty Windows Live Essentials software suite, including the excellent email client Windows Live Mail, leaving users around the world in need of a reliable free alternative.

Live Mail was rather long in the tooth and hadn’t been updated since 2012, but thousands of PC users still rely on it to organize their messages and keep multiple accounts in check.

Live Mail is no longer available to download from Microsoft, but thankfully there are some excellent free substitutes that are just as simple to use, and packed with new features that make it even easier to keep track of your messages and calendars.

Switching from Live Mail to one of these other free tools is simplicity itself, so just choose the one that best suits your needs.
Maybe that's causing the problem .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-11-2017, 11:09 AM

Oooer, that's weird Omah, cos I was using it perfectly alright last night.

I have just discovered if I type the recipient's address in by hand it sends alright, but I can't just click on anyone in my address book anymore.

Think I'm going to have to ring my computer geek man.

Thankyou both, though.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oooer, that's weird Omah, cos I was using it perfectly alright last night.

I have just discovered if I type the recipient's address in by hand it sends alright, but I can't just click on anyone in my address book anymore.

Think I'm going to have to ring my computer geek man.

Thankyou both, though.
When you get Mail back again, export your contact list, in case you have to switch to another email application.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 11:24 AM

I use Gmail which so far has been reliable
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

10-11-2017, 11:30 AM

It seems that "ntlworld" is part of Virginmedia now.

There's a forum where there are many threads dealing with "ntlworld" issues - here's one:

ntlworld email access

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...s/td-p/3401606

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top