Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 03:33 PM

Re: Recognise any of these signs ?

Originally Posted by Devo ->
My thoughts on what will be fed us by way of justification.
I see and probably with variations.....correct.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
A rise yes but not powerful nationalism and yes I'd agree to Cronyism and corporate power to some extent. But no I wouldn't agree to the rest. Although our elections are rigged by propaganda, I don't believe they are fraudulent. I don't entirely understand the second point.

In terms of workers power I don't think that's a state policy at present. That was Thatcher wasn't it? They are trying to make employers more accountable. Trying to put pressure on zero hours, the recent Uber ruling, etc. But I'd say workers are bound to lose power with automation and the move toward "shamrock" organisations. This isn't driven by the State but by capitalism and technological advances/global economy.
I see move away from quiet national pride, to a more militaristic type of nationalism.

There were a lot of questions asked about the Tory Battle bus and bussing in door knockers to help out, plus the use of call centres to electioneer......all with financial irregularities.....from memory.

Many see Islamification of the country as a unifying cause.

The rise of zero hours and increase in benefit subsidised part time work, takes away workers rights.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 04:03 PM

Hi

Apart from the relationship between religion and the state the list is an apt description of communism.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Apart from the relationship between religion and the state the list is an apt description of communism.
Exactly my thoughts Swimmy a description of communism...

ETA There was a drama on radio 4 yesterday called 'The Shield and the Sword' about the rise of Putin , it contained all those elements something to which we can all look forward if that puppet of the extreme left Corbyn ever comes to power.
Bruv
Kent UK

13-11-2017, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Or fascism ?
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
if that puppet of the extreme left Corbyn ever comes to power.
Corbyn is relatively centrist compared to some Scandinavian governments and have any of them lapsed into Russian style totalitarianism?
The problem is we have had an extreme Right wing government for a long time and that makes Corbyn look more Left than he is. Don't believe everything the propaganda sheets of the tax avoiding far right proprietors would have you believe. They need continuity for their own ends and they will lie, lie and lie again to sway the masses into voting for their benefit.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Corbyn is relatively centrist compared to some Scandinavian governments and have any of them lapsed into Russian style totalitarianism?
The problem is we have had an extreme Right wing government for a long time and that makes Corbyn look more Left than he is. Don't believe everything the propaganda sheets of the tax avoiding far right proprietors would have you believe. They need continuity for their own ends and they will lie, lie and lie again to sway the masses into voting for their benefit.
I don't read propaganda sheets, I leave that to those who read rubbish like the Independant but I do have a good memory and can recognise the new 'Militant 'in the form of Momentum when I see it...
Corbyn is now a puppet of Lansman and Milne .
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't read propaganda sheets, I leave that to those who read rubbish like the Independant but I do have a good memory and can recognise the new 'Militant 'in the form of Momentum when I see it...
Corbyn is now a puppet of Lansman and Milne .
So you do read propaganda sheets but only the ones that suit you?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 09:53 PM

This is exactly what the governments of the World want who are controlled by U S A and Banks.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Powerful and continuing nationalism
Disdain for human rights
Identification of enemies as a unifying cause
Supremacy of the military
Rampant sexism
Controlled mass media
Obsession with national security
Religion and government intertwined
Corporate power protected
Labor [sic] power suppressed
Disdain for intellectuals & the arts
Obsession with crime & punishment
Rampant cronyism & corruption
Fraudulent elections

Many are very apparent in the US and frighteningly the UK
Early Signs of Fascism
Sounds like the pitch for a new drama documentary on Rome?

Supremacy of the military? Not in the UK mate, but a lot of the above sounds like a Labour Party manifesto.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top