Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 01:43 PM

Re: Best webcam/pet monitor?

Just a thought could the breeder help out for a couple of hours ?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 03:09 PM

Breeder too far to drive. The money spent on petrol could go to a dog sitter.

Brother would be hesitant to come out. I know him too well to ask many favours. Sister likely to be at work. Older sister is about 25-30 miles away.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 05:16 PM

If brother won't go to you could you go to him ? I don't know him but would he say no to just looking after a pup for a hour or two ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
a pet monitor might work on an older dog , but a pup will need to see you ,it will cry in the first few days of separation from its mother .That has been my experence...
It would be cheaper to get a pet sitter in for the few hours you are away from home or a friend ...

I think that's a better idea too, Eliza.

Jazzi, I doubt a new puppy will even know your voice that quick, but even if she did, she won't understand what you are saying yet.
It might make her cry louder even, if she can hear you but can't find you. No substitute for physical company in those first early days, IMO.

Could your sister not help for a couple of hours?
Or failing that, would it be worth not collecting her for a few more days?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 09:37 PM

I did explain sister would be at work. Brother lives in sheltered housing, where pets are not allowed. They won't have anywhere safe to put it. Don't forget I will have a run here in my flat, so there is no way it can be in anyone else's home! And it'll take me an hour or so turnaround to take it.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 09:49 PM

Jazzi, are you going to be crate training?

And how long do you realistically think you are going to be out for?

When Alfie was a pup, I had to work ( pt , mr missy was full time). Ok I know this was a bit longer then you have, but I crate trained him. Got him used to sleeping and being comfortable and feeling safe in his crate, so I could leave him a couple ( seriously only two) hours alone to sleep

He was fine

Now your pup is only a baby so taking him out to wear him out is not really an option . Do you have anyone who is prepared to come to the hospital with you and hold baby outside whilst you are being seen? Other option which sounds way out, is take pup with you. There really are no laws or by laws to say pups can't go into hospitals, shops etc, they are just local rules

I've always taken my pups into shops, bars and restaurants, carrying them, never been refused but I have to admit not trying it at a hospital

If all else fails, try your vet. They may know of a sitter or offer to kennel for a couple of hours
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

15-11-2017, 11:14 PM

I have repeatedly said that I have a pet run, which will be set up in the lounge. I sent the crate back as it was too big to fit inside the run.

I am not happy about somebody coming with me to hold it while inside, because it won't be able to go on the ground. Besides which I don't have anyone I could have accompanying me.

My appointment time is 1.30. Would have to leave about 12.45, wait to be seen, then bus back. So maybe two hours, two and a half? Can't take her in case she needs to wee, so she needs to be indoors in her run.

Leave it with me, while I think...

(Blimming annoyed at the time, believe me!)

I'll check with the breeder if collection can be delayed.)
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

16-11-2017, 10:30 PM

Asked little sis, and she has come back saying she has the day off! Hurrah, I may have been saved. Made sure to ask her properly! And nicely.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Asked little sis, and she has come back saying she has the day off! Hurrah, I may have been saved. Made sure to ask her properly! And nicely.

Well done.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

16-11-2017, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well done.
And she has agreed. Actually I bet she couldn't bring herself to turn me down.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top