Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 10:50 AM

Re: Thank you.

Originally Posted by carol ->
Sorry I don't understand how a man in this condition could fight two fit men???
Hi

Years of training and sheer bloody mindedness.

There is also the element of surprise, they do not expect it.

One of my EX Bosses is now 76, she is absolutely lethal, as fit as a fiddle, she does Disco Spinning twice a week and spends her weekends Mountain Biking.

A grey haired, 5 ft, 2 inch, bundle of dynamite.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 10:57 AM

Walking sticks have their uses..........as do baseball bats!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Sorry I don't understand how a man in this condition could fight two fit men???
Hi

Do not confuse what you experience yourself with others.

I am absolutely sure that Hubby would defend you to the best of his ability.

He was a very successful businessman, as I am sure that you were a very successful businesswoman.

Our life and skills took a different direction.

You are obviously far better than me when it comes to business.

I was a simple Government Employee.

When it comes to defending myself and my family, I may well have the edge on you and your Hubby.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 11:07 AM

The OFF James Bond strikes again ...What's in those med's Lad...I want some
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 11:22 AM

So what happened to the men SF - did they run off?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

18-11-2017, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
The OFF James Bond strikes again ...What's in those med's Lad...I want some
Hi

A pure and simple scientist, I never got the gorgeous lady, I so wish that I had.

My life has been incredibly boring, a real Man in a Suit.

On the rare occasion I have had to go along with the Professionals, I have been totally in awe of them.

James Bond I am not, never have been and now to old to be.

Even if it meant being in a film with Nicole Kidman.

Our Professionals put their lives on the line, we cannot expect them to know the ins and outs of a Chemical Lab they come across.

Horses for Courses, they are the brave ones.

Not me or the others of my ilk.

We just tag along and sort things out, a Science Lesson.

No great shakes at all.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 11:52 AM

I'm glad you're OK now.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 12:17 PM

Swimfy I see you pouring your heart out on this thread.
You are shaken and upset, and trying to deal with yet another problem.
No shame in having a good cry - just let it out.
Do not let stress prevent your recovery.
You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I send you strength.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 12:22 PM

Swim having read all the posts and you replies I feel the need to offer some serious advice.

1) You often let us know that you receive a reasonably good income, so surely you have home contents insurance that would cover the loss of your mower

2) If criminals are younger and stronger than you and you look in such poor health it is unlikely that they will run away. They are more likely to return the beating and make off with the mower, if it was so important to them, so why risk further injury and poor health by attacking them?

3) The Police may take a while to get there, but if a crime has been reported they have to investigate and, with the description you could give them, they may well catch these men.

4) The criminals are likely to be local men, or somebody who has a serious grudge against you, because burglars don't travel a distance to pinch a mower. They would have had a large van to transport it, so I expect that if they were just burglars they would have stolen from a few other houses .....giving the police a better chance of catching them.....A much better outcome than you being taken to court for harming them.
Violence is only approved of , in court, if it is used in self defence not defence of your property!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Swim having read all the posts and you replies I feel the need to offer some serious advice.

1) You often let us know that you receive a reasonably good income, so surely you have home contents insurance that would cover the loss of your mower

2) If criminals are younger and stronger than you and you look in such poor health it is unlikely that they will run away. They are more likely to return the beating and make off with the mower, if it was so important to them, so why risk further injury and poor health by attacking them?

3) The Police may take a while to get there, but if a crime has been reported they have to investigate and, with the description you could give them, they may well catch these men.

4) The criminals are likely to be local men, or somebody who has a serious grudge against you, because burglars don't travel a distance to pinch a mower. They would have had a large van to transport it, so I expect that if they were just burglars they would have stolen from a few other houses .....giving the police a better chance of catching them.....A much better outcome than you being taken to court for harming them.
Violence is only approved of , in court, if it is used in self defence not defence of your property!

Yes, I believe this is true Twink.

Swim, did you report it after the event? You may well have saved others if you did.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top