Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 09:23 PM

Re: Thank you.

We should all have one of these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LESHP-Outdo...r+lights&psc=1
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Swims I am so sorry to hear you had this trouble .
Did you report the incident to the police these people may be known to them
Please be careful you are no longer strong as you were, yes it comes to us all ,we are vulnerable .
It's difficult -I am still inside the girl who rode difficult horses on the pampas but that girl is gone now .
The spirit as they say is willing but everything else has aged and things are not the same.
I cannot protect my children as I once did they are grown men now. .
Let your son come home when his health permits and stay with you as Twink says it will be good for both of you
Meanwhile
Get a dog -a large one !
It will be your companion friend and guardian
Take care now .

I agree Muddy, and have asked Swim twice if he reported it for the very reason you said - they might have had other reports and know who they are.
Suppose these people had tried half a dozen other places and no one reported them??
They are going to get lucky at some point!

Sorry, but don't think I agree with the suggestion of acquiring a dog at the moment, partly because Swim said he is sleeping most of the day, and very weak, but also because he's moving house.
He also mentioned he'd like to live in Poland previously. Heck of a journey for any dog when he wouldn't even know if it travels well or not IMO.

Personally, I think it would be wiser to wait until he has sorted out his health problems first, and got settled in his new home, then see how he feels about possibly adding to his troubles.

Hope you don't mind me saying this, Swim.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 12:17 AM

Moving house is incredibly stressful.
Isn't it up there alongside bereavement and divorce in the stress table?
Surely you'd be crazy to consider a giant leap like that until you're well again and in fairly good health?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Moving house is incredibly stressful.
Isn't it up there alongside bereavement and divorce in the stress table?
Surely you'd be crazy to consider a giant leap like that until you're well again and in fairly good health?

I agree, ruthio. But as Swim said earlier, he has already got his house up for sale now.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

20-11-2017, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree, ruthio. But as Swim said earlier, he has already got his house for sale now.
Sale fell through.
Maybe time to rethink?
Who knows...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-11-2017, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Sale fell through.
Maybe time to rethink?
Who knows...

Well I'd certainly leave it till the New Year and see how the land lies then. I wouldn't want any more to cope with while I was feeling ill.
But there ya go.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

20-11-2017, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well I'd certainly leave it till the New Year and see how the land lies then. I wouldn't want any more to cope with while I was feeling ill.
But there ya go.
I had three rooms and a big garage to clear when we had our new kitchen last year...almost finished me off it did!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Yesterday was an eye opener.
I was targeted by distraction thieves, one at my front door and one trying to remove my lawnmower etc from the garden.

An old man , looking very frail, a victim, and I am ill at the moment.

The medication is affecting me.

It took me a couple of moments to realise what was going on.

I am very weak at the moment, the one at the front door was halfway in before I could put him down, the one at the side took 3 hits.

Swim you must have felt very shocked and vulnerable by what happened. I hope you have recovered a little by now.
I learnt long ago when living alone it not wise to open the front door without checking first. If I not expecting anyone I go to the bedroom window and look to see who is at the door before opening it. I can speak safely to anyone from up there too.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 09:14 PM

Aaww, poor Swimmy - sorry to hear you're still poorly.
My fingers, toes (and ok my eyes) are all crossed you'll be more yourself before too long - must be soul destroying to feel so vulnerable when you were previously so 'up there'.
Take care.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Swim you must have felt very shocked and vulnerable by what happened. I hope you have recovered a little by now.
I learnt long ago when living alone it not wise to open the front door without checking first. If I not expecting anyone I go to the bedroom window and look to see who is at the door before opening it. I can speak safely to anyone from up there too.
Yes, me too. I've a porch door and separate front door. The porch door is always locked so I can safely open the front door, see who is knocking and if I don't know them or don't like the look, I shake my head, mouth 'no thank you' and turn round and shut the front door - rude, but SO satisfying

One chap mouthed some obscenity at me once... it worried me a bit later on, thinking he might do something, but I'm still here to tell the tale.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

Yes, me too. I've a porch door and separate front door. The porch door is always locked so I can safely open the front door, see who is knocking and if I don't know them or don't like the look, I shake my head, mouth 'no thank you' and turn round and shut the front door - rude, but SO satisfying

One chap mouthed some obscenity at me once... it worried me a bit later on, thinking he might do something, but I'm still here to tell the tale.
That's because it was pee'ing down and you wouldn't let me shelter in the porch.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top