Join for free
sUEz
New Member!
Montana USA
sUEz is female 

28-06-2012, 05:45 AM

Info Please

I am thinking about getting a motor home and becoming a snow bird. Can anyone advise me as to the pros and cons of motor home living? I welcome any suggestions that you can think of.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 05:59 AM

Re: Info Please

Welcome Sue. I am a comparative newcomer myself and I have been made very welcome. Sorry I have no experience of motor homes but it seems to me to be a good way of getting around and seeing places.
sUEz
New Member!
Montana USA
sUEz is female 

28-06-2012, 01:59 PM

Thank you for your reply. I think a motor home would be just the thing for me but I am afraid to go to that expense and not like it after all. And I plan to live in it year around, north in the summer and south in the winter. I thought about renting one but the cost of that is ridiculous!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 02:06 PM

Hi Sue, a warm welcome to our forum

I'm afraid I have no experience of motor homes either but have to say I like the idea of it ..... free spirit comes to mind

Please let us know what you eventually decide...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 02:32 PM

Hi Sue, welcome to the forum.

We own a touring caravan, and could never see the reasoning behind owning a motorhome unless you travel all the time, because whenever you stop somewhere for a while you still need another form of transport for local journeys, nipping to the shops etc. It may be different in the states of course, but going into town or to the supermarket in a 40 foot vehicle isn't really much of an option here....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 02:47 PM

Hi Sue, welcome.
No feed back from me either..sorry. We are not much use to you so far, are we?
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 02:49 PM

Hi Sue - welcome! A friend of mine has been doing that for several years. Her home base is her sister's place in Florida where she collects her mail and spends some time with family. She comes up here into Canada for part of the year to visit friends and parks her motorhome in their driveway. She doesn't use the internet at all otherwise I'd invite her to join the forum.

She travels with her cat by the way.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 12:20 AM

Motor homes in my opinion are an expensive option. Just think how many nights you could spend at a Holiday Inn or Best Western for the $60,000 to $100,000 price of a motor home.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top