Join for free
Page 406 of 1676 « First < 306 356 396 404 405 406 407 408 416 456 506 906 1406 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 08:49 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I am stuck in barracks today the torrential rain began at 2am and has not ceased for 14 hrs and all because of a little old cyclone 500kms down the coast - we can cope with the rain but a cyclone on our doorstep would have caused serious damage as you may recall the news from Philippines and South Vietnam and every little island inbetween
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 02:45 PM

PHFFFT!
Tha's the trouble with you colonies-y'just can't take the elements.

I just went to collect some coal,as I've run out of peasants to burn-and on arriving back at Casa Pug,I am DEFINITELY moist!

But,do ya hear me complaining? HMM?

Bluddyrytchadon't!

One's collar is decidedly dampened,as is one's 'barnet'...but bwavely,I suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous weather-without complaint. Well-it's ALMOST snowing,anyway-that counts!

Oh-and,young gumbud,we are NOT a 'little island' - we are,in fact,an EXCLUSIVE island! HMMPH!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 03:14 PM

The sky is clear and the sun is beaming down here today, a crisp day as they say, I always wondered why they called some days ‘Crisp’, now I know, I was frozen to a crisp when I was out earlier.
Some of the country folks call a very wet day a “Soft oul day”
Someones relation is braving the elements because the weather chap said “ There’s an Auntie cycling over Ireland” I wish her the best luck, he said as he was signing off “There’ll be more weather after the 6oc news, I should hope so, it’s very hard to live without weather.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 04:43 PM

"trump won the election cos he could see clearly hear what the people wanted and said he would give them it!! - the fact that he can't doesn't matter - he is a showman - promise the people magic. Quote Gumbud.

“After much weeping and gnashing of teeth, the gold was collected from the poor and destitude and the prophet Trump went forth and assembled a multitude to build a new wall, and it came to pass that the wall was called the ‘Southern Wall’ in memory of his great Jerusalem speech at the Western Wall back in 2017”

And as he gazed at the work in progress he hummed that old Anthony Newley number,

Walls were made to love and kiss
And who am I to interfere with this
I’m a man and I build ‘em when I can.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
PHFFFT!
Tha's the trouble with you colonies-y'just can't take the elements.

I just went to collect some coal,as I've run out of peasants to burn-and on arriving back at Casa Pug,I am DEFINITELY moist!

But,do ya hear me complaining? HMM?

Bluddyrytchadon't!

One's collar is decidedly dampened,as is one's 'barnet'...but bwavely,I suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous weather-without complaint. Well-it's ALMOST snowing,anyway-that counts!

Oh-and,young gumbud,we are NOT a 'little island' - we are,in fact,an EXCLUSIVE island! HMMPH!!!
You've heard of inverted snobbery, inverted bias, now we have inverted complaining.

I feel a quote coming on,, pass the bakewell tarts Rudyard

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 07:59 PM

Hello Boys
My thoughts for today:
I thought about a Coat of Arms, it could be useful. You could keep several people at Arm's length, at the same time. You would always have plenty of shoulders to cry on. You could have several chips on your shoulders all at once.
If the Arms became too much, you could easily dispose of them down the Arm Pit.
I then thought about a Tail Coat. What if they all started wagging at once? Then if they all wanted to settle between your legs, how could you walk?

Just a couple of thoughts.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
You've heard of inverted snobbery, inverted bias, now we have inverted complaining.

I feel a quote coming on,, pass the bakewell tarts Rudyard

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:
I thought the quote was,

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, you haven't fully grasped the situation.

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Hello Boys
My thoughts for today:
I thought about a Coat of Arms, it could be useful. You could keep several people at Arm's length, at the same time. You would always have plenty of shoulders to cry on. You could have several chips on your shoulders all at once.
If the Arms became too much, you could easily dispose of them down the Arm Pit.
I then thought about a Tail Coat. What if they all started wagging at once? Then if they all wanted to settle between your legs, how could you walk?

Just a couple of thoughts.
... and then there is the coat of many colours, very useful if you are decorating. You can take turns wearing the coat and stand next to a wall to work out what colours work best.

Frock coats, well are they for wimmin only, or are men allowed to wear them as well? Would you wear it to a promenade, or tea dance, or a wedding?
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 08:49 PM

Events have surely taken a turn for the verse.
Comments some succinct, some witty, some terse
I put it down to late midlife crisis syndrome
Sadly we've not all had time to have one.
Robert Jnr.
UK

27-12-2017, 09:05 PM

[QUOTE=Fruitcake;1302023]I thought the quote was,

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, you haven't fully grasped the situation.

I don't think I was in error FC. my choice of verse could have been better though.

Here is a thought.

"Let us live and move in harmony. Let us grow together. Let us cherish the wisdom that we have acquired together. Let us live in complete harmony without any misunderstanding." - Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 09:13 PM

[QUOTE=Robert Jnr.;1302041]
Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
I thought the quote was,

I don't think I was in error FC. my choice of verse could have been better though.

Here is a thought.

"Let us live and move in harmony. Let us grow together. Let us cherish the wisdom that we have acquired together. Let us live in complete harmony without any misunderstanding." - Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Sorry young Robert - Let us rejoice in nonsense.
Are you wearing an undercoat?

Page 406 of 1676 « First < 306 356 396 404 405 406 407 408 416 456 506 906 1406 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top