Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 07:52 PM

Re: Constant communication

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I didn't know my number for a long time - there's no need to as it appears instantly on the other person's screen, but as I've had it for over a year now I have it finally memorised. It's useful as I don't have to constantly go into settings to find it when I am filling out a form on the internet (a lot of them want your phone number).
I don't have a problem remembering numbers. But you can't remember something you don't know in the first place.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 08:35 PM

Idont know how to text and I dont know my mobile number.I only use my mobile for emergencies i.e if Im in hospital or need to get in touch with my son when Im out.My nieces bought me a nice little mobile phone when my old one packed up so when I went into hospital for a few days last week I took it with me,thinking I could use it in there,alas there was no signal in that part of the hospital,no one ,even nurses, could use a mobile
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Do any other posters dislike being in constant communication with the world, as seems to be the case these days thanks to mobile phones?

I have a mobile phone, but it is always switched off and I only take it with me when I am driving, just in case of emergency. No one has the number, including my husband and children. I refuse to learn how to text, or use it for any other reason but making a call if my car broke down, for instance. At home I make calls on our landline.

Luddites Rule OK.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 05:33 AM

I had to make it a point to memorize my children's numbers after it occurred to me that if I had to call the from another phone, I wouldn't have a clue how to contact them since their names, not their numbers, show on my screen when they call.

Other than my parents, none of my friends or family have landlines anymore.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 06:14 AM

Our landline comes as part of the broadband package but once the village gets cable I think I'll go with that and not have a landline at all. Never use it anyway.

I'm terrible at remembering numbers these days but I remember them from years ago...can't be my age...can it?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Luddites Rule OK.
It works for me, if it didn't I would change it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 02:59 PM

Why are you a Luddite just because you don't choose to use a modern techy invention?

How about Bluetooth, iTunes, Spotify and so on...?

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top