Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 06:13 PM

Re: Constant communication

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I hate to say it but this type of communication is how it is these days. Like it or not, it’s here to stay.
If you want to ignore it and live in a time warp, fine! Just continue hitting your hoop with a stick or go back to using two cocoa tins joined by a string!

It’s progress....embrace it!!
Why embrace it, if I have no wish to? As long as I take my phone with me when I am driving there is no problem. If people wish to communicate with me, like my children, they can phone me on the landline at home. There is no need for anyone to phone me whilst I am out.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 06:22 PM

No. I’m not in constant contact with the world.
That would drive me crazy.
I connect with people when I want to.
When working or playing I leave my phone elsewhere so I’m not distracted.
I never answer my phone unless I know who it is so it rarely ever rings.

Once you give out your number it often gets sold to other businesses so I make sure that doesn’t happen and anyone who has my number is extremely respectful when they ever do text or call me. ( most only text, thank goodness )

I take my phone when I go out but only so my husband can reach me because he’s the only one I care to talk with even then
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 07:29 PM

When I was working full time mey phone was buzzing and ringing non-stop during the week but now I am happy for it to be silent.

I think I hate it more though when the home phone rings. It is normally some dim-witted foreigner trying to rip me off.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 07:37 PM

I love technology so I really enjoy my mobile phone. I'm a very sociable person and wouldn't want to be without my phone. Like ruthio said, I guess its a case of personal choice, there is no right or wrong answer to this question.

I must admit though, I have a friend who if I don't answer her texts straight away she gets mad thinking i'm ignoring her and it drives me nuts. I made my whatsapp so that no one can see when I read my messages for that reason because sometimes I simply can't answer straight away.

All in all mobiles are for me. Also they can be a lifeline.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 07:48 PM

I wear my Lifeline button on my wrist all of the time, just press the button should I need to.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 08:25 PM

I have the Alerter App on my phone.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I wear my Lifeline button on my wrist all of the time, just press the button should I need to.
I haven't got one of them yet but no doubt one day I will
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 09:39 PM

People are too busy looking at their phones and being unaware of the real world going on around them.I think it's potentially quite scary.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 09:49 PM

To some, technology is the real world, well, their real world, best flirted with, not lived with, maybe.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 10:20 PM

I an connected to the net 24/7

my phone is glued to me

does that mean im contactable 24/7? Not on your Nelly

No one can call me between 9pm and 9am

Anyone can contact me on Facebook, instagram, snapchat or messenger 24/7, only I don't have notifications enabled so only see them when I decide Ive the time to look

My phone only rings outside the blocked hours for callers who are in my contact list. If you aren't on the list, you go to voice mail which I ignore

What was rather concerning for me was the other night, me and Mr Missy were in the car when we got a call from the car dealership. We answered to be told" Mr Missy, your car has just been in touch and is due its service"

Im now looking at how to disable that feature

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top