Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 10:48 AM

Re: Attempted child abduction

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
School has five entrances four foot fall entrances are always locked when kids are in side as they should be, but the gates for car park at the side are only locked over night. There is constant traffic in and out so it would be near impossible to lock them. The kids aren't supposed to be anywhere near them but daring gets better of them sometimes.

Don't blame the school it's perverts and the like that are at fault. Only on off would the school be to blame

Did anyone get their number plate Julie?
They might have tried round other schools too.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
At rosies school , teacher calls out mum and dads name , child is not allowed to leave her until parents are seen . It's a terrible situation , very worrying for all concerned . What a world we live in .

That is the same as at my grandchildren school Susan, if someone else collects them such as i we have to give a password.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 05:40 PM

School has five entrances four foot fall entrances are always locked when kids are in side as they should be, but the gates for car park at the side are only locked over night. There is constant traffic in and out so it would be near impossible to lock them. The kids aren't supposed to be anywhere near them but daring gets better of them sometimes.

Don't blame the school it's perverts and the like that are at fault.

Only on off would the school be to blame
I'm not sure I agree with this Julie..

They were only 5 years old, so still Reception age...if they weren't safely with their teacher until collection time when they were handed over to the parents, then one assumes they had been already handed over to the parents.

If they were with their parents then perhaps they slipped the leash and ran to the van?
In which case it's not the school that should be blamed it's the parents!!

And yet it wasn't the parents who ran to grab them, it was a teacher and a cleaner...so why was that?

Where were the parents?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 06:20 PM

Lots of questions but no answers.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 11:04 PM

Years ago in the early 1960’s, when l was about 10 or 11, my friend and l were walking along a road when a man stopped his car and asked us for directions. We told him the way and he said, ‘Jump in, l’ll give you a lift home’.

Don’t ask me why because we were both sensible girls but we got into the car and he dropped us off by our homes.

I shiver now at the thought of what we did and what could have happened......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 02:03 PM

No parents around they were at playtime. So all the precautions about how to hand over to parents wouldn't help. I guess all they could do looking at the playground and the only entrance left open, is build another fence right round the play ground so kids can't get to the outer fence. I'd hate to see that it's enough like a prison as it is having all the gates locked.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Did anyone get their number plate Julie?
They might have tried round other schools too.
Yes mups and the police arrived very quickly too. I have heard today this wasn't first try they were seen acting oddly at an aldershot school last week. So I would imagine it's just a question of time before they are caught.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 02:11 PM

I still don't get this .
The children's playground should be and are in every primary school I have seen now completely secure .
There are no entrances left open and the children are not even visible from outside .
Not much use having four gates locked and one near to where cars have access left open.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 02:49 PM

No parents around they were at playtime. So all the precautions about how to hand over to parents wouldn't help. I guess all they could do looking at the playground and the only entrance left open, is build another fence right round the play ground so kids can't get to the outer fence. I'd hate to see that it's enough like a prison as it is having all the gates locked.
Thanks for replying to my concerns Julie.

So it was at playtime when two staff should've been on duty watching the children.

Thing is, it shouldn't have been possible for any child to get out of that playground full stop.
Security does not mean prison. Children must be kept safe at school.
Law. IN LOCO PARENTIS.

If the kiddies had been driven away in that van, the school would've been totally responsible.

The Head must now be looking for ways to make the playground totally secure (lock any gates, whatever) and the parents have every right to be worried and to ask questions!

Don't blame the school it's perverts and the like that are at fault.
Only on off would the school be to blame :!:
If the children had been abducted then I'm afraid this is true, the school would be to blame.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

08-12-2017, 03:56 PM

The problem is the play ground runs right around the school right up to the fences. That's why I said only way to stop it is put up an inner fence which I doubt the school has money for.

The school Gracie goes to only has playgrounds out the back with no access to the public at all. But not all schools are that lucky.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top