Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 09:42 AM

Re: Back from the Vetīs

Btw depending how close to the eye the stitches were, once they've healed a vitamin e capsule broken open to get the oil massaged gently on the scar can really help make it disappear quickly. My vet suggested that with Mollie after she had a lump removed from her upper lid and within a few weeks you'd never have known she had anything done. Helped the eyelid close properly too.

She didn't object to a nice cuddle and a massage either seemed to enjoy it.

Did the same with Elsie's head scars and again you'd be hard pressed to see where her scalp was lifted now.

Magic capsules we call them.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Btw depending how close to the eye the stitches were, once they've healed a vitamin e capsule broken open to get the oil massaged gently on the scar can really help make it disappear quickly. My vet suggested that with Mollie after she had a lump removed from her upper lid and within a few weeks you'd never have known she had anything done. Helped the eyelid close properly too.

She didn't object to a nice cuddle and a massage either seemed to enjoy it.

Did the same with Elsie's head scars and again you'd be hard pressed to see where her scalp was lifted now.

Magic capsules we call them.
Thank you Julie. Unfortunately apart from one stitch, the stitches were actually down inside her lower lid. The outside stitch was in the corner, obviously they had to cut her upper lid too to deal with the problem. However, little madam is doing just fine, sheīs charging about everywhere like a crazy thing, skidding round corners, tossing toys about, and well, just generally feeling full of beans......or something

edited to add:

One of the Vets, a lovely young lady who hasnīt been there too long, didnīt believe that ChoCho was 10 years old, until Maria, the Vet who has been there a long time, assured her she was and showed Iris, the newer Vet, ChoChoīs record from 8 weeks old. I hope ChoCho continues to be as she is, sheīs more like a puppy than an older dog. I must be doing something right !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 04:42 PM

Ah yes too close. We were lucky both of them were scarred on outside of their lids.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Ah yes too close. We were lucky both of them were scarred on outside of their lids.
Thanks anyway. I would have taken your advice had the operation been external, but since it was internal I have to be very careful.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top