Join for free
Page 25 of 58 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 04:57 PM

Re: Seeing the International Space Station

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
I was going to do a post explaining how to see the Iridium Flares but lucky I found this picture which explains it all! Happy Viewing!

The guy on the right is a fool. Fancy getting that wrong.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 09:35 PM

Yippee ! I can now watch NASA live via Hotbird satellite channel with my Technomate receiver on the TV.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 06:44 AM

Just checked for sightings and there's nothing til at least July 1st, sorry folks .

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/

There are no sightings in your area for the period of Friday Jun 15, 2018 through Sunday Jul 1, 2018

We update the list of space station sightings multiple times a week. Please check back in a few days to see if there are any upcoming sighting events for your area or sign up to receive email or text alerts the next time the space station will be visible overhead.
The space station’s orbit takes it all around the globe so it may pass over you at times when it's less visible, such as either in the middle of the day when it is too bright or the middle of the night when the sun is on the other side of the earth. The best sightings occur early morning before sunrise or in the evening shortly after sunset when the sky is dark but the sun can still reflect light off the metal structures of the space station.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Just checked for sightings and there's nothing til at least July 1st, sorry folks .
It's having a rest.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:11 AM

I remember last year my friend texted me and said come round we are all sitting in the garden drinking wine awaiting the space station to go over.

In my minds eye I was expecting something like the Millennium Falcon blazing over with Hans Solo waving at the helm. Someone shouted there it is! Two little lights moved across the sky to a group ooooo and a, oh is that it

Still great to see though.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I remember last year my friend texted me and said come round we are all sitting in the garden drinking wine awaiting the space station to go over.

In my minds eye I was expecting something like the Millennium Falcon blazing over with Hans Solo waving at the helm. Someone shouted there it is! Two little lights moved across the sky to a group ooooo and a, oh is that it

Ha ha ha, yes a bit of an anti climax Cedronella....
May the force be with you!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-06-2018, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->

Yes, there's no doubt that the astronauts view of us is better than our view of them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 01:40 PM

I’m pleased I have seen it though and would not turn down the chance to view it again
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-06-2018, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I’m pleased I have seen it though and would not turn down the chance to view it again
Quite. I will be watching out for it when it returns.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 09:17 AM

The good news is there are sightings coming up, the bad news is, as I suspected, they are at stupid o'clock

So for any of you insomniacs or (very) early birds here they are. Times are for Birmingham.

For times more pertinent to your area/country please see https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/

Page 25 of 58 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top