Join for free
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 04:42 AM

Amazon defends providing police facial recognition tech

This is scary stuff. We could in the future be tracked by cameras using facial recognition software. Is it just me or does anyone else find this a frightening "big brother" development?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44220037
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 05:29 AM

Re: Amazon defends providing police facial recognition tech

Hi

The World has changed and we must change with it.

It is the anniversary of Manchester, we must put the protection of our innocents first.

These scumbags target the innocent and unprotected, they do not have the guts to target those who can respond.

Your Enforcement Agencies have absolutely no interest in you as an ordinary person.

They could not give two shakes if you are having an affair with the Vicars wife.

The people they are after are terrorists, paedophiles and traffickers.

I do not have an issue with this at all.

The object of the exercise is to stop these atrocities before they happen, not catch them afterwards.

That is a failure.

A dead Nadi, Veronika or Zoshia is no good to me at all.

Keeping them alive is.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 12:49 PM

I really don't know how I feel about this. I see both sides good and bad, but am stuck on the fence otherwise.
What bothers me more are Robots, too many, learning too fast. I keep waiting for the day of the Terminators to arrive, AND before you scoff and ridicule as certain members love to do...Think about it, it could very well happen the rate the world is moving at..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 12:58 PM

It doesn't bother me but then I don't do anything to bring myself to the attention of the police in the first place .
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 01:43 PM

My personal viewpoint is that it's merely assisting me to share the radiance and glory of my countenance with the planet. After all,every police camera/council monitoring camera,etc,in the country is peek-a-boo-ing you each time you so much as pop to your local shops....so-what right have I
to keep the masses of lusting femmes who form huge queues each day merely to sniff my used socks from having the chance to drool over still-life photos of me,downloaded from cctv as I stroll along any High St in just my cut-down jeans and gimp mask? Hmm?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 01:55 PM

It doesn’t worry me at all as I don’t think I do anything to feel guilty about or ashamed of.

If it improves the safety of our country then I’m all for it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top