Join for free
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 06:55 AM

Re: Controversy over Raheem Sterling's tattoo of an M-16 assault rifle on his leg

While I understand his reason (or the media reports of his reason) for doing it - probably smaller and out of sight would have been a better choice.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 06:58 AM

Re: Controversy over Raheem Sterling's tattoo of an M-16 assault rifle on his leg

Wearing longer socks will fix the problem .
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have just read,that his father was gunned down when he was 2,so maybe emotional reasons behind it,..from what i read.can you imagine your father being gunned down . growing up,knowing that,.enough to send anyone off the rails.
I wouldnt exactly say Sterling is off the rails right now Pauline.
He is living the life of Riley being a feted spoilt brat footballer traveling around the world while earning over £100,000 a week while doing it.
Glamorising M-16 assault rifles on his leg to the world is not the way to set an example to the youth who support him.

He should be concentrating on getting his football just right for England, particularly as he has not been playing very well in recent weeks.

Mark my words Pauline.
His actions there will tarnish and hiss off most of his team and England mates and the media.

The bloke is a Spoilt Pratt/Brat.
End of!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Wearing longer socks will fix the problem .
He wont do that Muddy.
People like him want to show off their pathetic big tatoos.
Not hide them.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
He is living the life of Riley being a feted spoilt brat footballer traveling around the world while earning over £100,000 a week while doing it.
Glamorising M-16 assault rifles on his leg to the world is not the way to set an example to the youth who support him.

He should be concentrating on getting his football just right for England, particularly as he has not been playing very well in recent weeks.

Mark my words Pauline.
His actions there will tarnish and hiss off most of his team and England mates and the media.

End of!
Yes,i have to agree,not a good example to the youth who support him,i dont know what his lifestyle is like,problem is,he is young,money and fame,dont always help do they?....it goes to ,"some" their head,..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 11:59 AM

Some of them think they are "mini gods" boozecruiser,invincible, i wish i knew at 21,what i know now,lol,lol
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Isn't this just a pun about him shooting with that leg? Although he seems to have shot himself in the foot with this tat.

The most important thing is that he plays a good game in Russia. All the media are doing is publicising this so more young people see it, when it's a non-story and would have sunk - well done. Another distraction from real news stories.
Exactly it's a non story blown out of all proportion by the media.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 12:55 PM

Mark my words Pauline.

End of!
Let me see if I have this right,
You hate footballers
You hate football
You hate people who benefit from a skill that they have worked for
You hate people who earn large wages.
Or maybe you don’t like black footballers?
Envy and jealousy is very destructive.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 04:56 PM

Does it really matter who broke the story?

The thing is that Sterling is just another spoilt brat footballer who likes to make statements..
This time about M-16 assault rifles.
That makes him an idiot who would be well advised to get shot of it.
And quick!

My responses were to NOM's original comment " More Daily Mail hate spreading."

I'm still waiting for an answer to my questions
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 04:58 PM

I think it is really bad judgement on Raheem Sterling part to have this dire tattoo carved on his leg for all to see.
Particularly at a time when he is likely to play football in The World Cup.
What say you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/sear...mabox&days=all

The picture was taken at England’s training ground in Staffordshire as players assembled to start preparations for the World Cup, which begins in just over a fortnight.

Critics promptly condemned it as provocative and irresponsible, pointing out that more than 60 people have been killed by gun and knife violence in London this year alone and that similar weapons have been used in countless recent mass shootings in the U.S.

Branding it ‘sickening’, ‘disgusting’ and ‘totally unacceptable’, the lobby group Mothers Against Guns called for him to be dropped from the England side.

Lucy Cope, whose son was shot dead outside a London club, said: ‘He’s supposed to be a role model, but chooses to glamorise guns.’

Last night, her words were echoed by the father of Damilola Taylor, who was stabbed to death in a street attack aged ten.

Richard Taylor told The Sun: ‘Young people look up to footballers. Sterling hasn’t displayed the discipline we expect. He should be reprimanded and made to apologise to victims’ families.’

Iffat Rizvi, who runs the Starr anti-guns campaign, said: ‘This is disrespectful to young people who lost their lives.’

A very sick thing to do!

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top