Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 10:20 PM

Re: Where do you stand?

I missed this while on hols, but it's not surprising many here scored as liberal left. We live in a liberal country and have been brought up in a liberal culture. Despite having right wing views on some issues, most here believe in sex before marriage, abortion on choice, same sex marriage and no death penalty. Most also expect there to be a welfare state and that multinationals shouldn't harm the environment. It's all part of our culture.

I scored Economic Left/Right: -2.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31

so in the green box but lower down than some and closer to the centre politically than others. That's about right. I have strong views on liberty but reasonably balance left right politics. I believe in a welfare state and free healthcare but also believe in a free market. It can all work together if you have the right approach.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I missed this while on hols, but it's not surprising many here scored as liberal left. We live in a liberal country and have been brought up in a liberal culture. Despite having right wing views on some issues, most here believe in sex before marriage, abortion on choice, same sex marriage and no death penalty. Most also expect there to be a welfare state and that multinationals shouldn't harm the environment. It's all part of our culture.

I scored Economic Left/Right: -2.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31

so in the green box but lower down than some and closer to the centre politically than others. That's about right. I have strong views on liberty but reasonably balance left right politics. I believe in a welfare state and free healthcare but also believe in a free market. It can all work together if you have the right approach.
Yay!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 12:31 PM

I think it's because we are constantly being told how 'nasty' we all are for questioning what happens to us and the World we live in. Institutions such as the BBC would have us all believe we are to the right of Atilla the Hun because we dare to not roll over and die.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top