Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 07:58 PM

The Archers (radio four)

OK ... at present I am not in my usual location.

Normally I would be tuned into LBC radio but, although I can get it here via a computer, the darned thing keeps cutting out so, after a few decades, I have given Radio Four another go

This was the station I listened to as a child, teenager and as a twenty something.

The Archers was part of my 'everyday life'

Today was the Omnibus edition and although I recognised a few of the voices, I have no idea who has just died.
I tried googling without success and wonder if some kind soul would be prepared to give me a brief (or epic) update ?

It doesn't necessarily have to be a blow by blow account of the decades I missed, but has anything of importance actually happened ? ... and WHO died ?

Thank you
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 08:13 PM

Re: The Archers (radio four)

Rachel Ruth's mother Heather died .
She was on the way to Brookfield to live there being driven by Ruth, fell asleep and couldn't be woken.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Rachel Ruth's mother Heather died .
She was on the way to Brookfield to live there being driven by Ruth, fell asleep and couldn't be woken.
Oooo ...

Thank you kindly, Meg

*scratches head and wonders if Heather was in it last time one tuned in*
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Oooo ...

Thank you kindly, Meg

*scratches head and wonders if Heather was in it last time one tuned in*
...Heather had a stroke and has been in a nursing home. Poor Jill moved out of Brookfield to make way for her to live there with Ruth and David and the ungrateful woman repaid her by dying.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

18-10-2015, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...Heather had a stroke and has been in a nursing home. Poor Jill moved out of Brookfield to make way for her to live there with Ruth and David and the ungrateful woman repaid her by dying.
Ah ... thank you for that ... one of them probably needs a slap
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 11:23 PM

I can't remember the last time I listened to the Archers ..... is Walter Gabriel still in it?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 07:42 AM

No me old pal, me old beauty. He's enjoying a pint in the "Bull in the sky".
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 08:54 AM

I wish someone would kill off Rob Titchener! Hateful man! I thought Helen was supposed to be one of the more intelligent 'Archers' so how on earth can she not see through him??
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

19-10-2015, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Ah ... thank you for that ... one of them probably needs a slap
Heather but she is dead so a bit too late
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

19-10-2015, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I can't remember the last time I listened to the Archers ..... is Walter Gabriel still in it?
Mags you are about 40 years behind , please don't you ask for an update .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top