Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 09:11 AM

Re: The Archers (radio four)

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
No me old pal, me old beauty. He's enjoying a pint in the "Bull in the sky".
he's a happy chappy then, George!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I wish someone would kill off Rob Titchener! Hateful man! I thought Helen was supposed to be one of the more intelligent 'Archers' so how on earth can she not see through him??
ST Rob is a 'textbook case' as a domestic abuser starting by alienating 'the victim' from family and friends, manipulation, taking control of their lives and finally possibly physical abuse.
People who are in love even those who are highly intelligent can still be victims of domestic abuse, doctors, lawyers it is all going on behind closed curtains. People just don't realise it is happening to them until it is too late.
It is quite a good story line from the perspective of raising public awareness to domestic abuse.

This story line has a long way to run I think .

(I hasten to add I am not a victim but attended a course as part of my training for a charity )
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
ST Rob is a 'textbook case' as a domestic abuser starting by alienating 'the victim' from family and friends, manipulation, taking control of their lives and finally possibly physical abuse.
I have to admit I had not thought of it like that, Meg.

It is quite a good story line from the perspective of raising public awareness to domestic abuse.
I suppose it is alwayseasier for the listeners/outsiders to see what is happening - but even her family are falling under his manipulation now - over the farm shop for example. Not sure that would actually happen.

This story line has a long way to run I think .
I hope not - it has dragged on for ever already and he really is horrid !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 05:01 PM

I have listened to the Archers since it first started in 1951 when I was a year old.

I must admit the latest storyline with Rob and Helen is doing my head in, and I am seriously considering giving it up.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 08:10 PM

We don't seem to have a corner for Radio - so I am putting this in here - don't mind at all if it has to be moved.

Is anyone following this? Just wondered if it was safe to listen again - was so sick of hopeless Helen, her virago of a mother in law and her mind controlling hubby that I stopped listening months ago.

While appreciating that psychological abuse can be every bit as damaging as physical abuse - they dragged this story line on and on and on ad nauseam.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 08:40 PM

Well , I listen in now and again if I happen to be travelling when its on,
So, Helen told rob she was leaving him and a massive argument followed which resulted in Helen stabbing rob ( after he put the knife in her hand ,and Helen ,thinking her son henry was in danger),resulting in along drawn out court case in which Helen got off, but no I don't follow it
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
So, Helen told rob she was leaving him and a massive argument followed which resulted in Helen stabbing rob ( after he put the knife in her hand ,and Helen ,thinking her son henry was in danger),resulting in along drawn out court case in which Helen got off, but no I don't follow it
Used to be addicted as a child and into my twenties but at some point I was introduced to LBC and eventually gave up radio four.

Was amazed when baby BIL gave me a lift (a few years ago) and he had THE ARCHERS on !!!

Blimey ... I thought it was for old people

Dunno quite what's happened in the last couple of decades.
Think I gave up soon after the real Clarrie left and Joe was replaced by someone who didn't sound anything like him

Please may we have a quick update ?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 10:09 PM

I was very tearful when Tony's son died .... OMG

And also when Shula's first husband buggered off somewhere or died or something.

Ooooo and what ever happened to Caroline's horse ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

25-09-2016, 06:54 AM

Probably cantered off down silly street to join the rest of the 'soap opera' casts !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

25-09-2016, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Thank you - does that mean the revolting Rob is deceased - might just tune in again today - could do with a laugh !

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top