Join for free
callistra
london uk
callistra is female  callistra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2016, 06:52 PM

Suits and Liars

Recently widowed and stuck at home due to health, I have long days left alone with the TV, mostly Netflix and other TV and movie apps. Working my way through suitable series I came across Suits and thoroughly enjoyed the Harvey/Mike story, but it was the character Louis Litt that stole the show I thought, from his peevish truculent behaviour to his adorable vulnerability and ultimate loyalty.
Then I encountered Pretty little Liars. With its off beat story, some clever twists and turns and both likeable and despicable characters, who could swap sides at the flick of a switch. Of course it is an unlikely story, but that seems to add to it and I must admit I wanted to find out what happened next.
I don't know if others have encountered these series and what you thought ?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2016, 07:52 PM

Re: Suits and Liars

Sorry Cal i dont have netflix, not heard of either of them mentioned .
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 04:00 AM

G'day from far-off Australia, Callistra !
(I do like that name. It sounds sort-of Shakespeare, if you know what I mean).

And yes, I do have Netflix - in what some folk here seem to perceive as a primitive backwater.

For whatever reason, I couldn't get into 'Suits'.
Perhaps because I haven't worn one for years although they were de rigueur during my working life.

I will check-out the other one.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by callistra ->
Recently widowed and stuck at home due to health, I have long days left alone with the TV, mostly Netflix and other TV and movie apps. Working my way through suitable series I came across Suits and thoroughly enjoyed the Harvey/Mike story, but it was the character Louis Litt that stole the show I thought, from his peevish truculent behaviour to his adorable vulnerability and ultimate loyalty.
Then I encountered Pretty little Liars. With its off beat story, some clever twists and turns and both likeable and despicable characters, who could swap sides at the flick of a switch. Of course it is an unlikely story, but that seems to add to it and I must admit I wanted to find out what happened next.
I don't know if others have encountered these series and what you thought ?
Hi Callistra

I have not seen suits but it's one on my list to see. I'm currently looking for the box set on Amazon.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 11:46 PM

Suits is one of my favourite TV shows especially watching the delectable Donna Paulsen character (Sarah Rafferty) - funny, sexy and highly intelligent, she can run rings round Harvey and Louis.

Louis Litt is also a great character with a nice touch of paranoia - one minute you're angry at him for being so devious, the next you feel sorry for him because he usually becomes a cropper. He's a nice guy with a conscience deep down though.

The series is being shown on Dave on Freeview for those who don't have Netflix or other streaming service.
callistra
london uk
callistra is female  callistra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 02:40 PM

I agree totally Judd, Donna is a great character, so smart and loyal. The interactions between the three very different characters is very well scripted. Although Mike is technically meant to be the main character, he does have his moments, the other three do indeed steal the show. I hope you enjoy the show Longdogs. I think they are showing it on cable tv in box sets, too.
I know there are programmes you can get into easily, a particular character might appeal or story line. So I can understand Pumicestone, if it doesn't work for you. I think Pretty little liars is also a programme that may be an acquired taste.
I have found I tend to prefer series where there are multiple central characters and plenty action. I enjoyed Prison Break, 24, Sons of Anarchy, Criminal minds, amongst others.
Yet I couldn't get in to the acclaimed House of cards or Breaking Bad.
Its fortunate that there are plenty of options so everyone can find some programme they enjoy watching.
welshmist
New Member!
conwy
welshmist is female 

27-09-2016, 06:45 PM

I like Suits, another oddball series that was on Netflix is Chuck, that amused me for ages.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top