Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 04:52 PM

Rubbish TV

I don't watch TV at home but the place I am staying at has a TV. So out of curiosity I put it on what a lot of rubbish! No improvement over the years in fact it has got worse! If this is typical l won't be buying a TV in the for see able future.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 05:12 PM

Re: Rubbish TV

Yes you are right, the only programme I watch now is Emmerdale and Corrie but they are rubbish as well. We do have Sky, but we are getting rid of that soon, because its just old repeats and I counted every interval of a programme has 12 adverts, so 1 hr. programme you get to see about 20 mins. of the actual programme. I don't watch TV during the day I just do my chores or read.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 05:16 PM

I really can't understand why say a hundred of the six hundred or so crap channels can't get together and make one good one.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 05:21 PM

Hi

I think there is some great TV.

I like Discovery, the old films, but never watch a soap now.

I have just discovered Googlebox, which is very funny.

Just goes to show, we are not all the same.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by veganchick ->
I don't watch TV at home but the place I am staying at has a TV. So out of curiosity I put it on what a lot of rubbish! No improvement over the years in fact it has got worse! If this is typical l won't be buying a TV in the for see able future.
Oh I so agree and mentioned it today. Each evenings is full of total rubbish for the brain dead up to 9pm. Then something decent comes on and I fall asleep. Sat night, what complete rubbish evening that is, same old crap that is now worn out and gone downhill big time.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 06:27 PM

Yeah, I agree veganchick, most of it's rubbish. We sometimes put a dvd on or just have the radio on through the TV and then we both read or have the laptop on.
I haven't watched a soap for years, so full of screaming bad actors in equally bad storylines when I did watch - I have no wish to start watching that lot again!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 07:52 PM

Just watching strickley as we recorded it IMO that's great absolutely loving it. We like gardeners world, emmerdale and a drama called paranoid has us wondering at the moment.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 10:13 PM

Does no one watch Victoria, last episode in present series was just now. They are showing the next series in 2017. Must admit I don't watch much TV. I like Countryfile, wildlife programs, Paul O'Gradys Battersea dogs home prog, Any antique & collectible progs & I still watch Eastenders, having seen that from the very first episode.
Must admit most TV is rubbish, but there are some good ones still being made.
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 10:45 PM

Just watched Poldark it the best thing I have seen so far will have to see the whole series when it's avalible on DVD.
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Does no one watch Victoria, last episode in present series was just now. They are showing the next series in 2017. Must admit I don't watch much TV. I like Countryfile, wildlife programs, Paul O'Gradys Battersea dogs home prog, Any antique & collectible progs & I still watch Eastenders, having seen that from the very first episode.
Must admit most TV is rubbish, but there are some good ones still being made.
Victoria was very well done, beautifully produced and acted .. makes a change from the usually crap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top