Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 09:51 PM

derren brown miracle

Is anyone watching this TV programme , he's just eaten glass and a lady member of the audience ate some too .

Also put a large nail into a paper bag and slammed his hand down onto each bag and managed to save the last bag to last and it had the nail sticking upwards .

It's now half way through the programme and I'm gonna peep through my fingers eeeek

How does he do it
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 10:37 PM

Re: derren brown miracle

I don't know - but I went to see him live last year and he did nothing like that at all - his show was rubbish!

He did such things as throw Quality Street sweets into the audience and tell them what flavour they were eating...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 11:33 PM

Every one of his shows includes a declaration that he does not use stooges, yet how can we be sure? Some of his 'tricks' could so easily be achieved if the people he chooses are stooges.

Another likelihood is hypnotism. If that is what he does, I must say that he seems to achieve a hypnotic trance very quickly.

Perhaps one day someone in the know will let the cat out of the bag.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 08:49 AM

In another of his stage 'tricks' he asked a woman to say a word of her choice - she chose the word 'Empire'

He then burst a balloon and a piece of paper with the word 'Empire' on fluttered to the ground.

It conveniently landed near a door on the stage which had a 6 inch gap under it. It didn't take a genius to work out that somebody behind the door had written the word and blown it under the door with some blowing device.

I said that out loud to Tony and a man sitting in front heard me and agreed with me...
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 09:16 AM

The eating glass was weird . She actually put a piece of broken glass in his mouth and he crunched it and swallowed it . Then he picked a piece up from the same pile and she ate it and swallowed it too .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 09:53 AM

I once recorded the trick where he instantly changes into a bear behind a screen. I slowed it down and watched it frame by frame and saw the 'switch' at the edge of the stage. The trick is to make us watch one thing whilst he does something else. Still very clever though.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
The eating glass was weird . She actually put a piece of broken glass in his mouth and he crunched it and swallowed it . Then he picked a piece up from the same pile and she ate it and swallowed it too .
Glass made of sugar, as used in many films when, for example, someone dives headlong thought a window.
The apple to mask the taste.
susan m
DORSET UK

11-10-2016, 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=JBR;1009005]Glass made of sugar, as used in many films when, for example, someone dives headlong thought a window.
The apple to mask the taste.[

But the glass was a light bulb and it was actually lit on a lamp , she took the bulb out of the lamp and it was warm then smashed it , would the bulb be made of sugar ?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 01:30 PM

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainme...cid=spartandhp
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 01:35 PM

No miracles here just slights of hand and 'illusions' all carefully held and guarded secrets known to the Magic Circle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top