Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 01:09 PM

Wrestling it's returning

Heard on radio this morning that professional wrestling is returning to our screens. My dear old mum use to love watching it and boy did she holler if she saw any foul moves. So will you be watching, bet you ladies will won't you? Hmm!! wonder if they could put female wrestling on for us guys now that would be something worth watching.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 01:31 PM

Re: Wrestling it's returning

No, Doc, I won't be watching.
f
a) I don't have a TV - so it could be difficult, and
b) My Dad always maintained that it was 'fixed' beforehand.

Didn't stop him watching Mick McManus, Jackie Pallo and Billy Two Rivers though !

Edit - just found this from Jackie Pallo's autobiography !

Autobiography
Even before the publication of his 1985 autobiography "You Grunt, I'll Groan" (ISBN 0-7088-3228-8), where he revealed the secrets of the wrestling entertainment business (including referees carrying razor blades to nick fighters' earlobes in order to produce the necessary blood to satisfy the bloodlust of the frenzied crowd of mostly elderly women – Pallo preferred to bite his lip to produce the same effect) crowds argued about whether wrestling bouts were staged or not. "Of course it was, it was pure showbiz right from the start", Pallo wrote in his autobiography.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 01:45 PM

Oh yes it was definitely a con even the American WWF is a con in fact a bigger con with all the crap speeches. Anyone that thinks its all real must be a right plonker.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 02:01 PM

It couldn't have been anything but a con! If they had been wrestlers, with a serious talent for the sport, they would have been in better shape and not needed all the silly costumes to attract an audience.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 05:25 PM

Kent Walton? And Kendo Nagasaki
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 05:34 PM

Used to go to some back in the 70`s, great laugh, used to love the little old biddys climbing in the ring, handbags at the ready.

Giant Haystacks, Big Daddy, Catweazel, good fun.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Kent Walton? And Kendo Nagasaki
I remember Kendo OG ...blimey thats a blast from the past!!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 05:37 PM

I reckon my old mate "Dazzler" Joe Cornelius is probably past his best now. I must give him a call. He and Steve Veidor (Steve Bell) were great crowd pleasers.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 07:23 PM

I don't mind wrestling returning as long as I don't have to watch it
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 07:32 PM

Not forgetting Les kellett,we would watch the local football team,mum would have the wrestling on,if memory serves,it was on 4 til 4 -45,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top