Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 09:41 AM

Collision

Has anyone been watching Collision this week? It was on at 11pm so quite late but compulsive viewing.

It was about a multi-car pile up on the A12 and the lives and events leading up to it.

My only question is why none of the vehicles involved had airbags?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 10:29 AM

Re: Collision

I don't know, how do you know they never had airbags may I ask.

Then the suggestion that the need replacing every few years , used or not, at £1000 each may explain why I may not have any
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 05:51 PM

Re: Collision

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
I don't know, how do you know they never had airbags may I ask.

Then the suggestion that the need replacing every few years , used or not, at £1000 each may explain why I may not have any
The programme is a repeat and initially aired in 2006 so air bags would have been around, my vehicle is 2005 and has one. In the collision however, most of the injuries were from people hitting their heads on the dash or steering wheel and no airbags were inflated. There were a couple of older cars but most were modern at the time.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top