Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:08 AM

Reality TV

Whatever will they find to make reality tv shows out of next?

There's been a thing on tonight, where couples marry a total stranger! The couple meet for the first time at the alter!!

I've only been listening, but I think they have been 'computerised' for matches, then after the wedding celebrations, they go off on honeymoon - with this total stranger. Bugger that!

They are then asked 5 weeks later if they want to stay together or split.

Don't know about you, but I feel that is sad to mock the marriage vows like that. I guess I'm just old fashioned.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:13 AM

Re: Reality TV

Mups I supposed it is no worse than the arranged marriages some cultures have.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:21 AM

Hmm, hadn't thought of that. At least this lot are given the chance to get out of it again in 5 weeks time!

I wonder what the tv people would do if the bridegroom wanted out, but his new bride was pregnant already?

Still think they shouldn't play games with it meself - nor arranged marriages either.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hmm, hadn't thought of that. At least this lot are given the chance to get out of it again in 5 weeks time!

I wonder what the tv people would do if the bridegroom wanted out, but his new bride was pregnant already?

Still think they shouldn't play games with it meself - nor arranged marriages either.
I agree it sounds a very silly idea just like arranged marriages.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 01:08 AM

It must be a slow news day because today the ABC had a story about a couple of girls who went on a reality show to find a boyfriend ended up together.

Former Bachelor Australia contestants Megan Marx and Tiffany Scanlon have caused a mild media storm after revealing they are together and in love.

Marx earlier this week described their relationship in an Instagram post — ostensibly to wish Scanlon a happy 30th birthday — as a friendship that had "ripened into something bolder".

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top