Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 12:05 PM

Re: What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done?

As a child of about 10/12 I thought it was a good idea to go fishing off the rocks in Guernsey. I made my own fishing line from a piece of string with a safety pin at the end as the hook. I didn't tell my parents where I was going, as I knew I would be forbidden to do anything so silly. Anyway I got so engrossed in my attempts at trying to catch a fish I didn't notice the tide coming in, when I did I realised I was surrounded by deep water! It was about a 4ft leap to safety, falling in wasn't an option I wish to contemplate as I would probably have been carried away on the fast flowing current. Suddenly a guy I had never seen before, appeared out of seemingly nowhere, picked me up, jumped the gap and deposited me safely on the other side. I turned to thank him, but he had disappeared, even though I couldn't see how that was possible. I sometimes wonder if I dreamt the scenario. I cycled home as fast as I could peddle, and naturally didn't mention it to my parents.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top