Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 11:56 PM

Goose fat vs Duck fat

Is Goose fat runnier when refrigerated?

I usually buy duck fat from Amazon because it's much better value than buying from the supermarket and it's a respected brand: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooks-Co-Duc..._grocery_img_y

But the last batch they sent me was awfully runny, and even after being in the fridge overnight was more like a mush (usually it goes quite solid in the fridge).

I'm wondering whether they've put goose fat in instead, I haven't had any for a while but I think that's a little runnier?

My tummy feels a bit 'upset' now, and I'm not sure whether it is down to the fat
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2014, 12:03 AM

Re: Goose fat vs Duck fat

I've no idea Azz but I'm really interested to know what you use it for...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2014, 12:48 AM

Azz I have never used goose only duck fat and that is sort of soft and light but firm
(for crispy roast potatoes)
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2014, 12:51 AM

I use beef dripping for my roasties
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2014, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I use beef dripping for my roasties
Me too !!! And chips are much nicer when they are cooked in dripping - those were the days !!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2014, 12:57 AM

they still are for us!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2014, 02:45 AM

I use it for everything Carol roasted veg, frying onions, a little when frying beef etc.

Yeah, that's what it is usually like Meg - firm when in the fridge. I've got a refund on it now and they said to throw it out, but I might take it to trading standards to see if vegetable oil has been mixed into it (as it's cheap and tasteless - a common trick apparently).

Cooking chips in dripping/animal fat would be my preferred choice as well Myrtle and Honey

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top