Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 08:23 PM

Re: Water Meter...

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I would not have one fitted, no if's or Butts.
May I ask why not.

No need to answer if yours is a big household as it is cheaper not to be on a water meter.

Mind you if you live alone and if also you have a body odour problem and have to take 3 baths a day one can understand why you don't have a water meter.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am not on a water meter.
Last Saturday a water main burst and the water was off between 8.30 and 2.

A few days later I received a letter from my supplier Severn Trent advising that I should run the tap to let the water clear (a bit late for this advice) and saying that if I was on a meter I could claim £2.75 enough for 4 baths presumably an estimate amount to run off to let the water clear.

That seems a lot of money for 4 baths
Point is that you could have run a bath first and got £2.75 back.

Main thing is after a burst you run the water off BEFORE YOU DRINK ANY you can use that contaminated for a bath or for washing up or watering the garden
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Point is that you could have run a bath first and got £2.75 back.

Main thing is after a burst you run the water off BEFORE YOU DRINK ANY you can use for a bath or washing up or watering the garden
No I couldn't, I don't have a meter so didn't get anything back.

And yes I did run the water when it came back on but not when the letter told me to do so 3 days later
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
May I ask why not.

No need to answer if yours is a big household as it is cheaper not to be on a water meter.

Mind you if you live alone and if also you have a body odour problem and have to take 3 baths a day one can understand why you don't have a water meter.
I just don't like being Metered.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I just don't like being Metered.
How do you buy your electric,gas, petrol?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 08:10 AM

Buy Proxy.
rcs60h
Bedfordshire, UK
rcs60h is male  rcs60h has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 03:39 PM

I was under the impression that water meters were becoming compulsory just as someone on here has also said, and after a letter from my water supplier Veolia, which implied the same they fitted a water meter a few months ago.
However, recently I came across this ::
http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/offici...ot-compulsory/

So water meters are not compulsory ! I think I will have to be sending Veolia a letter stating they are misguiding their customers and that I wish to have my meter removed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by rcs60h ->
I was under the impression that water meters were becoming compulsory just as someone on here has also said, and after a letter from my water supplier Veolia, which implied the same they fitted a water meter a few months ago.

So water meters are not compulsory ! I think I will have to be sending Veolia a letter stating they are misguiding their customers and that I wish to have my meter removed.
Very helpful. Thanks. I'll certainly bear that in mind if and when my local supplier (United Utilities) comes dictating.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

04-09-2016, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by rcs60h ->

Good post

Never realized that some water companies had become con artists.

The only way they can insist on a water meter is for new build.

As stated on this thread you can ask for a meter and within 13 months ask for it to taken out(Or not used)
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

14-09-2016, 05:00 PM

Just got my 6 monthly water bill £69.29

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top