Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 10:53 AM

Re: Zero Hours Contracts.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well ... Katie Hopkins is all for it ... so it cannot possible be any good!
Absolutely - anything she promotes can't be good for us
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 11:26 AM

Another problem with it is how will people get mortgages or be able to pay regular rent etc ? it will make people dependant on benefits to top up wages, again tax payers helping to run big businesses by paying their staff for them.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 11:27 AM

People should, as far as possible, become self-employed; there's seldom money to be made working for someone else anyway.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Another problem with it is how will people get mortgages or be able to pay regular rent etc ? it will make people dependant on benefits to top up wages, again tax payers helping to run big businesses by paying their staff for them.
Absolutely!! That's how we roll in the States.. Walmart, owned by 5 members of the Walton family is one of the top employers.. Yet they pay people so poorly that many of their employees qualify for food and housing assistance paid for by tax dollar. So yes.. WE subsidize the greed of this MEGA corporation... SO much so that the 5 members of the Walton family have as much wealth as the bottom 40% of all Americans.. Sound crazy? Not to our Republican friends in congress. However actually, Republicans want to slash food assistance.. and are against an increase in wages.. So what are people going to do? . Their answer? Turn to the Churches and charitable organizations for hand outs. Nice.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 12:37 PM

It is no wonder union membership is going along in leaps and bounds, about time too.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

07-08-2013, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
It is no wonder union membership is going along in leaps and bounds, about time too.
In today's climate Wrinkly, I agree with you. When I needed them, they were there for me and the backing I had from them was brilliant and without them, I would have lost my job. I couldn't thank them enough - not just for saving my job but from making other Heads of Department think twice before behaving in such a way again and expecting to get away with it.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Here there is a concerted effort by big corporations to break up unions.. They have a HUGE lobby influence in DC and contribute to re-election campaigns in record breaking amounts. Therefore, we have politicians who are willing to do their bidding with anti-union legislation.

I'm all for the unions fighting back in any way possible. They built middle class and without them I'm afraid ALL the money will go to the top and the middle class will disappear.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2013, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Here there is a concerted effort by big corporations to break up unions.. They have a HUGE lobby influence in DC and contribute to re-election campaigns in record breaking amounts. Therefore, we have politicians who are willing to do their bidding with anti-union legislation.

I'm all for the unions fighting back in any way possible. They built middle class and without them I'm afraid ALL the money will go to the top and the middle class will disappear.
Spot on Audrey, promote the unions or the poor and middle class will be ground into the dirt.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top