Join for free
Page 23 of 24 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 01:38 PM

Re: The Windrush Debacle

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Now Sajid Javid has the job .
One thing is that no one can accuse him of being a racist.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 02:01 PM

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
A scumbag of the first order then!!!
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 02:51 PM

I think he will do a good job.

Did anybody see the shadow Home Secretary on TV this morning making a fool of herself for not being able to answer a very straightforward question “What is Labour’s immigration Policy”?

She just stood there with her mouth open, struggling to find some words and she failed to answer. She was given extra time and still she couldnt answer.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
''Resistance is futile''
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
''Resistance is futile''
I will fight them on the beaches.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I hope so too, Rudd's resignation is disappointing.
Why?

She was useless.
What's she done about crime / illegals coming in on the backs of trucks / "child refugees" who turn out to be in their twenties etc?

She's as hopeless as May was.
I wonder if this was a "politically correct" appointment?, rather than someone who is actually qualified to do the job?
I'll bet he'll be as useless as the others.
He's already said his priority is Windrush, whereas his real priority should be the illegals.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 09:20 PM

His priority should be both sorting out the windrush fiasco and making illegals legal so that they pay tax. They are already living and working here so it's a waste of money deporting them when they should be contributing instead.

I'm not sure why people think there is going to be some magic wand from government to make all the foreigners leave. It's just not going to happen because that would be too much hassle economically and politically. Better to focus money on a decent system and good controls going forward.

Obviously this appointment is a "pacifier". He won't be able to change the system any more than predecessors.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
His priority should be both sorting out the windrush fiasco and making illegals legal so that they pay tax. They are already living and working here so it's a waste of money deporting them when they should be contributing instead.

I'm not sure why people think there is going to be some magic wand from government to make all the foreigners leave. It's just not going to happen because that would be too much hassle economically and politically. Better to focus money on a decent system and good controls going forward.

Obviously this appointment is a "pacifier". He won't be able to change the system any more than predecessors.
What part of the system?
Illegal immigration / crime rates?

What use is a Home Secretary if they can't change / improve the system?
Of what use is a Pacifier?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 11:40 PM

I was thinking of illegal immigration. Crime is up as policing is down, but this is a thread about immigration. He's a "pacifier" because he has identified as one of the windrush generation and he criticised what went on before at the Home office in this respect. He will be under great pressure to fix all the problems that led to the fiasco. Good luck to him. Like I said, I liked Amber Rudd. She seemed pretty capable, but it appears she inherited a rats' nest.

Page 23 of 24 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top