Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 04:24 AM

south american genocide - how very very sad

As we all live out our lives in various stages of discomfort and comfort, spare a thought for the decimated tribes of South America - seeing this footage made me feel so guilty and sad at the same time , that we as a race are capable of deliberately wiping out other groups of humans on our planet - not just a percentage as in war but entire tribes - men, women and kids?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...14&CMP=ema_632
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 06:52 AM

Re: south american genocide - how very very sad

Maybe his time has passed Gumbud.
We are a destructive species even to our own kind.
Meanwhile we in the west are inviting our own demise.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 06:56 AM

I wonder how they know this man is a sole survivor and doesn't have a wife or other members of his tribe somewhere in the forest?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 06:58 AM

Man's inhumanity to man never fails to appall me.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 08:56 AM

I just kept imagining him having this lonely existence and sitting by his campfire at night with NO one to communicate with - ghastly!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 09:12 AM

Gumbud, all of Nature is destructive, it is how it was designed or how it has evolved. Man is no different to the other animals.

The basic premise remains the same.

The resources we need to survive are not freely available and therefore we must work to acquire them, fight to preserve them from others who would steal them and so on.

Everything around us stems from that simple set up.

The moment humanity is given the unlimited resource that it needs for life, is the moment that everything changes. When it happens nobody needs to steal any more, nobody wants for anything. Hence no more conflict, war and violence. A very different world.

But for now . . .

Everybody wants, needs and has the innate programming to survive.

Species after species will come and go. The Earth cares not. She laughs at all our pathetic plans and ideas.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

20-07-2018, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I wonder how they know this man is a sole survivor and doesn't have a wife or other members of his tribe somewhere in the forest?
well if you read the full story it explains how they know!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

20-07-2018, 06:24 PM

She laughs at all our pathetic plans and ideas.
well not exactly , I think your metaphors have got mixed up with your reality. But it is fascinating how so many members here just chose to ignore the post!! - just as if you were right?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well not exactly , I think your metaphors have got mixed up with your reality. But it is fascinating how so many members here just chose to ignore the post!! - just as if you were right?
That would mean I would have to agree to the Cookies for the Guardian - something I just can't bring myself to do.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top