Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 10:12 PM

Life is like coffee

“Life is like coffee”

A group of Alumni highly established in their careers got together to visit their old college professor. Conversation soon turned to complaints about stress in work and life.
Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups: porcelain, plastic, glass, crystal, some plain looking, some expensive, some exquisite.
He told his guests to help themselves to the coffee. After everyone had a cup of coffee in hand, the professor said: If you notice all the nice looking expensive cups have been taken up, leaving behind all the plain and cheap ones.
While it is normal for you to want only the best for yourselves that is the source of your problems and stress. Be assured that the cup adds no quality to the coffee. In most cases it's just more expensive, and in some cases even hides what we drink.
What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup. But you consciously went for the best cup. And then you began eyeing each other's cup.
Now consider this..... Life is the coffee; The jobs, money and position in society, are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain LIFE. And the type of cup we have does not define, or change the quality of the life we live.
Sometimes..... by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee. Savour the coffee not the cup! The happiest people do not have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything!
Live simply, speak kindly, care deeply, love generously.
The richest person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.

Author unknown
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 11:33 PM

Re: Life is like coffee

Your first thread Blue - I like it
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 11:47 PM

blueberry, As l am not keen on coffee, as it makes me feel down and l can’t sleep, l would like to try the same experiment with tea.

I think, l would still go for the thin porcelain cup as everything tastes better out of one of those cups!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 11:48 PM

So do I Blue.........And welcome to the forum....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

So do I Blue.........And welcome to the forum....
Thanks fox & Sweetie...and for the welcome fox.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 11:56 PM

Who has that number of cups, and why isn't a Jam Jar mentioned, best drinking vessel ever made. Not only that but what type of coffee ie ground or ready made?
how many guests were there, not many if he only filled one coffee pot.
What if some of his guests didn't like coffee? did he make some tea as well?

Alumnus (in Latin a masculine noun) refers to a male graduate or former student; the plural is alumni. An alumna (in Latin a feminine noun) refers to a female graduate or former student; the plural is alumnae.

So all male students then, looks as if he was gay
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

12-01-2018, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
blueberry, As l am not keen on coffee, as it makes me feel down and l can’t sleep, l would like to try the same experiment with tea.

I think, l would still go for the thin porcelain cup as everything tastes better out of one of those cups!
I wonder if it is the coffee keeping me awake. I used to be a tea drinker but my brother got me hooked on Tim Horton Coffee and now I mostly drink coffee....but I still like a real good cup of tea.

EVERY cup in my cupboard is from UK. I won't drink out of anything else unless I am somewhere and they are serving in other cups and I never enjoy the tea or coffee.

Some people say "oh, a cup is a cup". That is not the way I feel. The tea tastes better in fine china, just as a glass of water tastes better in a glass of good quality.

Also, all my dishes, plates, saucers, cups, bowls, everything in my cupboard is from UK, I wouldn't have anything else in my kitchen....it is all fine china, I don't use cheap every day dishes from "wherever"...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 12:11 AM

Be assured that the cup adds no quality to the coffee.
I think it does, I couldn't possibly drink coffee from the rubbish containers they use in coffee shops .

Porcelain mug for me please and Kenyan coffee, mild and acidic, nothing else will do
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 12:13 AM

I have heard it said that cup size doesn't matter.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I wonder if it is the coffee keeping me awake. I used to be a tea drinker but my brother got me hooked on Tim Horton Coffee and now I mostly drink coffee....but I still like a real good cup of tea.

EVERY cup in my cupboard is from UK. I won't drink out of anything else unless I am somewhere and they are serving in other cups and I never enjoy the tea or coffee.

Some people say "oh, a cup is a cup". That is not the way I feel. The tea tastes better in fine china, just as a glass of water tastes better in a glass of good quality.

Also, all my dishes, plates, saucers, cups, bowls, everything in my cupboard is from UK, I wouldn't have anything else in my kitchen....it is all fine china, I don't use cheap every day dishes from "wherever"...
blueberry, I’m sorry, when l posted my previous post, l didn’t realise that you were new to the site and it was your first thread. Welcome to the site and Good for you, for starting a thread!

So, does coffee keep you awake too?
Most of the stuff in my kitchen was made in Germany, l love their workmanship and reliability!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top