Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 03:12 PM

Re: Hen Parties !

After my Ex and I divorced, he bought an hotel in Cornwall where they had many hen parties & the guests stayed overnight at the hotel.
I won't post the disgusting things they did at these parties, but I will say the chaining the groom, naked, to a lamppost was seriously innocent by comparison!

Their behavior was appalling, even for people who seriously intoxicated
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Some of the stories I've heard about stag nights make hen nights seem totally angelic.

....... sorry, error.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 06:51 PM

Michaelangelo's exquisite statue of David is the most famous statue in the world, not to be compared with drunken females at hen parties
He is not drunk, and shouting obscenities, or waving his penis all about, inflated or otherwise, .nor is he waving his knickers in the air.
If that is fun and exciting before getting married, what boring lives they must live.

And how embarrassing for their parents as well
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 07:36 PM

Of course no-one 'asks for it' - male or female - but why put yourself at risk?
It is perfectly possible to have a fantastic night out without being disgustingly drunk. The women on the train were all scantily clad and totally off their heads with drink at 3:00pm - can you imagine the state they would be in by closing time? They would be incapable of knowing what day it was never mind whether they had said 'yes' or 'no' to a man. Why put themselves in that situation? That is what I do not understand.

Yes - in an ideal world it shouldn't matter what they wear, what they say, what they do - but we do not live in an ideal world.

Surely if someone - male or female - drinks themselves into a stupor and is subsequently assaulted/raped/mugged - they must accept at least some of the responsibility?

I cannot speak for elsewhere but, here at least, the stag parties are not so bothersome. Yes, they are rough and rowdy, but they do not impose on other people or rampage through streets the way the hen parties do. There are one or two pub/bars where they congregate - so unless you are one of the stags - you know which to avoid. The hen parties have been known to gate crash into restaurants - not to have a meal - just to dance around the tables waving stupid inflatable objects, showing their knickers and trying to sit on laps! I have never seen the men folk do that.

Edit - I think I might have posted this twice - sorry!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
....... sorry, error.
Mups I saw what you posted but don't worry, your reputation-busting secret is safe with me!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
It's good that grills have less inhibitions these days but I agree it has gone way too far....it's not that I want them to lose their freedom of expression but I do wish that some had not lost their standards along the way..maybe it will come full circle ...who knows?

Only time I ever saw a male stripper he chased me with a real life snake....I've not been tempted to see another one
Snake, or Male Stripper.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Snake, or Male Stripper.
she meant the male strippers snake
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Of course no-one 'asks for it' - male or female - but why put yourself at risk?
It is perfectly possible to have a fantastic night out without being disgustingly drunk. The women on the train were all scantily clad and totally off their heads with drink at 3:00pm - can you imagine the state they would be in by closing time? They would be incapable of knowing what day it was never mind whether they had said 'yes' or 'no' to a man. Why put themselves in that situation? That is what I do not understand.

Yes - in an ideal world it shouldn't matter what they wear, what they say, what they do - but we do not live in an ideal world.

Surely if someone - male or female - drinks themselves into a stupor and is subsequently assaulted/raped/mugged - they must accept at least some of the responsibility?

I cannot speak for elsewhere but, here at least, the stag parties are not so bothersome. Yes, they are rough and rowdy, but they do not impose on other people or rampage through streets the way the hen parties do. There are one or two pub/bars where they congregate - so unless you are one of the stags - you know which to avoid. The hen parties have been known to gate crash into restaurants - not to have a meal - just to dance around the tables waving stupid inflatable objects, showing their knickers and trying to sit on laps! I have never seen the men folk do that.

Edit - I think I might have posted this twice - sorry!
The law is that it doesn't matter how drunk they are it's still classed as rape if that's what happens. In fact they have tightened the law on this in recent years.

But yes women are very vulnerable when drunk. The drinking culture has led to a huge rise in sexual assaults.

The comments on here do lead to an interesting question, which is why did young people go from being fairly sensible in their drinking to the binge culture that I encountered as a teen and young adult?

It seems that in the 80s and 90s onwards people were doing what most people were just thinking about in the 70s. As a child I remember Mary Whitehouse reports on the news, nobody said any rude words on tv and we were a nation of warm beer with a Pina Colada being considered the most exotic delicacy. What on earth changed everything?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Mups I saw what you posted but don't worry, your reputation-busting secret is safe with me!

Drat. I wasn't quick enough.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Drat. I wasn't quick enough.

What did you post? I demand to know.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top