Join for free
Page 175 of 370 « First < 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 275 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 10:43 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Well after more than 3 year s the hole in my foot after amputation has nearly healed and i hope to start swimming again, and im hoping to start archery again, perhaps using a compound bow from my chair, so i can get some degree of fitness again.
Sounds good Nom, getting the mind right and finding the enthusiasm is the first step (something that seems to be lacking with some of the posters on here recently...)....Good on yer... Please keep us up-to-date with your progress....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Dear oh dear oh dear!!!!!!.....
Perhaps we should rename this thread 'Fifty good excuses why I don't need to exercise this morning'............And the winner is:-.............
Bob mate, you seriously misunderstand me. I'm not saying take it easy and put our feet up. I'm suggesting that rest is as good as training and that we need to have that balance in order to progress with our goals safely and without injury. You of all people should understand that bud
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 01:39 PM

While I'm here, and this is no reflection on Bob's post above (although that didn't make me too pleased), it's time to cease posting my whole in depth write-ups from now on. They are not of interest to many and they take so long to write out.
Whilst I enjoy reading all your tales of exercise very much, they are geared mainly towards running and I'm easily by myself with my own methods of exercise and apart from it giving me some motivation to put my efforts into print, this forum doesn't suit my needs in this department.
It takes so much time to itemise each and every single rep, set and I've now rejoined my last bodybuilding forum to speak with like-minded people on this subject.
The trouble is that over there what I'm doing exercise-wise isn't based around strength lifts and the exercises that go hand in hand with that anymore, I've done all that. So it's a vicious circle. On there I'm too old; On here I'm too young!

Don't worry though, I'll still be on this thread regularly, and in particular after a training session, but I'll only be making some brief notes. As you were.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 02:56 PM

Perhaps we should rename this thread 'Fifty good excuses why I don't need to exercise this morning'............And the winner is:-.............
Well excuse me OGF

I was out there last night, 3 mile in 30 mins

Plus I have signed up for a 12 mile cliff walk for charity
And this is no mamby pamby stroll, this one is hard work, proper walking gear required, support teams in place - the works. Its apparently gruelling and you need a doctors OK

http://www.walkni.com/events/56959/c...hallenge-2018/

Its not until September and seeing how I go I might decide to do the 18 miles
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
While I'm here, and this is no reflection on Bob's post above (although that didn't make me too pleased), it's time to cease posting my whole in depth write-ups from now on. They are not of interest to many and they take so long to write out.
Whilst I enjoy reading all your tales of exercise very much, they are geared mainly towards running and I'm easily by myself with my own methods of exercise and apart from it giving me some motivation to put my efforts into print, this forum doesn't suit my needs in this department.
It takes so much time to itemise each and every single rep, set and I've now rejoined my last bodybuilding forum to speak with like-minded people on this subject.
The trouble is that over there what I'm doing exercise-wise isn't based around strength lifts and the exercises that go hand in hand with that anymore, I've done all that. So it's a vicious circle. On there I'm too old; On here I'm too young!

Don't worry though, I'll still be on this thread regularly, and in particular after a training session, but I'll only be making some brief notes. As you were.

Your decision of course Floydy and I have to respect that

However I do have to say I do read them and as a newbie to any sort of exercise I find them interesting to read and looking at those diagrams have shown me what you are actually doing and have got me interested in perhaps giving the gym a try during the winter months.

Im never going to be a runner, my knees have put paid to that plus tendonitis in both feet. I don't like swimming as Im petrified of putting my face in water so thats why so far its only been walking and some cycling
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 04:43 PM

Ok, ok...okaaaaaay, coach!

Message heard loud and clear.

No more fussing, whining, moaning, groaning, delaying...or air conditioning for me.

Sheesh.

Full report on the evening news....

(Btw, I've an idea who winner should be...I just don't think my laser pointer that reaches that far, or into dens for that matter.
)
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-07-2018, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Your decision of course Floydy and I have to respect that

However I do have to say I do read them and as a newbie to any sort of exercise I find them interesting to read and looking at those diagrams have shown me what you are actually doing and have got me interested in perhaps giving the gym a try during the winter months.
Go for it, Missy. And even though I'm only here in cyberspace I'll help you where I can with any advice you need. Fire away.
Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

No more fussing, whining, moaning, groaning, delaying...or air conditioning for me.

Sheesh.

(Btw, I've an idea who winner should be...I just don't think my laser pointer that reaches that far, or into dens for that matter.
)
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Sheesh.

)
Cheeky Mare......

Anyway, when is Lisa Andersen going to join us on here.....Now that's what I call a surfer.....

I bet she doesn't run though.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 09:59 PM

Just got home from the gym. I did 30 minutes interval training on treadmill, slow walk/brisk walk/power walk then went for a 20 minutes swim. I feel fabulous, healthy and fit, I've still quite a bit of weight to lose and all this exercise is helping tremendously.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 06:03 AM

Nom, that's truly great news to hear that you are so close to having your wound healed. I imagine it has been a long and challenging road to get to this point, and I can only imagine how good it will be to get back into the water. What a good idea to pick up archery again! You must be chomping at the bit to get back into these sports. I'm really happy for you!

Missy, I opened your link and have to say that that looks like some of the most spectacular landscape I have ever seen! I'd give an eye tooth to do that challenge! It's a very impressive route from what I read about it, and I admire you for taking this on Either distance you choose would be impressive! Are you going to train into this event a little bit?

Floydy, while I read every entry and imagine each exercise and set, the nuances between what is heavy for you and not is beyond me - it all sounds like a phenomenal amount of weight and reps. In the spirit of our collective ignorance around her as for the nuances of your workouts, I completely understand why you are changing your posting style, given the amount of time it takes.

OGF, for all the grief I give you, yes your running does inspire and give cause for those of us behind you (in more ways that one) to stay with it.

Now I must confess.....

Those steps you heard? That was me running behind you.

Haha, kidding of course, but you do have a mystery on your hands! I once had that same sensation spanning several days and it turned out it was my foot falls echoing from behind - though I never figured out what the sound was bouncing off of.... Mysteries all around, it seems.

LQ, I can just imagine your workout and swimming outing. Are you starting to see some progress from your workouts? Walking and swimming is as good of a combination as I can think of for burning off some calories and getting a respectable amount of cardiac training.

____

As promised, while most people were having dinner, the late afternoon and setting sun found me at the sportsplex, determined to surpass my paltry 5K from the day before. I tried really hard not to think about the wall of 33 degrees and 65% humidity that would hit as soon as I opened the car door.

I have to say that there is nothing like coming back from an injury to make one absolutely grateful to be able to put one foot in front of the other. The older I get, overcoming these little setbacks feels like a reprieve - as if I have somehow managed a stolen victory from fate. So, with eyes cast downward to avoid any roots or toe-stubbing obstacles, I put in a nice little 3.75 staring at the blue fescue at my feet before Fourth Toe announced, "ENOUGH." No argument from me!

Page 175 of 370 « First < 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 275 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top