Join for free
Page 176 of 370 « First < 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 276 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 03:21 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Thanks Lion Queen and Suzie for your support in requesting I keep my write-ups going. You win folks, I guess I can find time somehow. Plus, it keeps the motivation going if I continue my write-ups. Let’s just hope a certain person doesn’t get on a strangely out-of-character sarcasm high when the word “rest” is mentioned…it’s all part of the training; trust me, I know how this works! I sometimes feel my own advice to some folk is wasted but whatever...

A pleasantly near-vacant gym today and I was free to spend more time on some pieces of equipment than I would normally, so I decided on upping the weights a touch instead of my more commonplace routine of high reps all the time. Nothing wrong in testing the strength occasionally.

Tuesday, 10/6/18:
(All weights in kgs)

Tricep extensions:
20x40, 12x50, 12x60, 8x70

Fly dec:
20x80, 20x87.5, 20x95, 12x102.5
*It’s rare that I enjoy this piece of kit which is usually used for the back. For me, I prefer seated front and using it as kind of ‘pec dec’ but with arms outstretched, pulling inwards. I surpassed my expectations with the weight today using a combination of the delts and biceps to amass a personal best of 102.5kgs. Dunno where that all came from tbh!

DB bench press:
10x26’s, 6x30’s

Smith flat bench press:
8x50, 6x70, 2x80
40x30 close grip

Smith shoulder press, 60°, wide grip:
10x30, 6x40, 5x50, 12x25
*I don’t believe I’ve ever done this variation of a shoulder press on the Smith machine before, a very wide grip. Worked pretty well actually.

Chest press, low seat:
12x50, 12x60, 12x70
*Positioning the seat as low as possible instead of the normal higher setting enables the higher pecs and delts to get a more substantial workout.

Rope pulldown:
15x25, 20x15

Time: 50 mins.

Thanks for reading. I need a rest
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thanks Lion Queen and Suzie for your support in requesting I keep my write-ups going. You win folks, I guess I can find time somehow. Plus, it keeps the motivation going if I continue my write-ups. Let’s just hope a certain person doesn’t get on a strangely out-of-character sarcasm high when the word “rest” is mentioned…it’s all part of the training; trust me, I know how this works! I sometimes feel my own advice to some folk is wasted but whatever...
It wasn't 'Sarcasm' Floydy, it was Banter.....A bit of tongue in cheek humour....I'm sorry you took it to heart, I shall be more careful in future who I direct my mischievous side to..

I think I may have thrown some light on the mysterious footsteps Surfermom....
That particular stretch of road lies under a canopy of trees, the sap from the leaves makes the road sticky, and what sounded like approaching footsteps were actually my own, as my shoes were sticking to the road....Hence they stopped when I did. Derrrrrrrr!....

Missy.......I was only joking....Yes?.....So now having being put in my place by Floydy, and cutting myself a rather large slice of 'Humble Pie' on to this morning's run...
Amazing how much easier running is (even in hot weather) when the sun is diffused by a thin layer of cloud. So a steady pace produced a very comfortable run, which left more than enough energy to take my place amongst the country's army of DIY'ers.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It wasn't 'Sarcasm' Floydy, it was Banter.....A bit of tongue in cheek humour....I'm sorry you took it to heart, I shall be more careful in future who I direct my mischievous side to
I just feel a tad sad after all the support I've given you over the past few difficult months, Bob. Not just about your running and your injury, but I've offered my kind words when you had your personal issues too.
Call it banter if you wish, but your words were ill advised. You perhaps should have read your post back before you submitted it. Go back and read it again and you will realise that your jibe about having too much rest does not apply to me, or anyone else in this thread.
I hope I can trust you to be more careful in choosing your words in future, as it would be a shame if your rather trite and unfounded outbursts continue.
I can take banter very well indeed, but I don't suffer turncoata easily. True colours, etc.
Very sad about this bud. I need to know I can trust people though.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 09:57 PM

It wasn't 'Sarcasm' Floydy, it was Banter.....A bit of tongue in cheek humour....I'm sorry you took it to heart, I shall be more careful in future who I direct my mischievous side to..

I think I may have thrown some light on the mysterious footsteps Surfermom....
That particular stretch of road lies under a canopy of trees, the sap from the leaves makes the road sticky, and what sounded like approaching footsteps were actually my own, as my shoes were sticking to the road....Hence they stopped when I did. Derrrrrrrr!....

Missy.......I was only joking....Yes?.....So now having being put in my place by Floydy, and cutting myself a rather large slice of 'Humble Pie' on to this morning's run...
Amazing how much easier running is (even in hot weather) when the sun is diffused by a thin layer of cloud. So a steady pace produced a very comfortable run, which left more than enough energy to take my place amongst the country's army of DIY'ers.....

OGF, I never took offence, hence the pokey out tongue

Fast hill walk tonight, 5 miles, hills all the way

Last week it took us 1hr 50, this week 1hr 25

Was a lot cooler though this evening which helped

SurfermonThe walk we are doing takes in some of the most beautiful place in the world. If you google the causeway coast you will see why. And if you watch Game of Thrones you will already know why

We will do some practice, as obviously we are used to road walking and this is going to be a whole new ball game, needing hiking shoes for a start as well as full cover up - won't get away with shorts and tee shirts. Ive ambled parts of it over the years, but seriously just strolls and nothing at all taxing
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 09:58 PM

Floydy don't be a nut case, you're totally misunderstanding Foxy's post, he was teasing ALL those on here...read it again!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 10:14 PM

I just feel a tad sad after all the support I've given you over the past few difficult months, Bob. Not just about your running and your injury, but I've offered my kind words when you had your personal issues too.
Call it banter if you wish, but your words were ill advised. You perhaps should have read your post back before you submitted it. Go back and read it again and you will realise that your jibe about having too much rest does not apply to me, or anyone else in this thread.
I hope I can trust you to be more careful in choosing your words in future, as it would be a shame if your rather trite and unfounded outbursts continue.
I can take banter very well indeed, but I don't suffer turncoata easily. True colours, etc.
Very sad about this bud. I need to know I can trust people though.
Talk about over reacting........Calm down son.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 11:52 PM

For what it's worth, I haven't noticed any sarcasm on this thread at all, only friendly banter which I think is good between friends/colleagues.

Maybe this hot weather is getting the better of us
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-07-2018, 12:32 AM

It's best if I leave this thread for a while.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-07-2018, 04:11 AM

Talk about over reacting........Calm down son.....
See my point though can't you, Bob? Basically it's a matter of being called lazy, and that is untrue. Ignorance of my particular brand of training on your part mate, that's all. An apology would be welcome.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-07-2018, 08:25 AM

See my point though can't you, Bob? Basically it's a matter of being called lazy, and that is untrue. Ignorance of my particular brand of training on your part mate, that's all. An apology would be welcome.
Floydy, my comments were meant in jest, and they were not directed at you personally and I'm sorry if you thought they were. I have the greatest respect for you, and all the hard work you put into your training, the same as we all do on here. Our respective forms of exercise are as individual and unique as our circumstances and are tailored around our lifestyles. Therefore I would never criticise or advise on anyone else's exercise regime.

Holding a job down (especially nights) and still maintaining a high level of fitness is so difficult, I was also in the same situation as you for many years, and it is testament to your resolution and dedication, and as such, you are the last person I would identify as being lazy. I hope we can put this unfortunate episode behind us and continue to contribute to this very successful thread. I apologise for any unintentional hurt caused ....

Page 176 of 370 « First < 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 276 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top