Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 02:20 PM

Thread subscriptions update

We have updated our default subscription setting to reflect changing internet habits and the growth of the forum - most people nowadays simply don't want to get an email for every single thread they have posted in.

So we have changed the default thread subscription setting from 'instant notification' to 'weekly notifications'. All users 'subscribed threads' lists have also been wiped clean.

Now, instead of getting an email whenever a thread that you are subscribed to (which happens when you reply to the thread) has a reply posted in it, instead you just get a weekly update of such threads.

If this is not to your taste you can turn it off completely (and then just choose individual threads you want such notifications for), or change it to:

- Instant notification
- Daily notifications

Just go to your control panel and change the Default Thread Subscription Mode and then hit save. You may also want to check your subscribed threads list from time to time to remove any threads you are no longer interested in
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 03:33 PM

Re: Thread subscriptions update

Azz I haven't changed any settings in my control panel and I never subscribe to any threads but note all my posts are now automatically subject to weekly subscriptions.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 03:38 PM

See My post above,
To cancel this I went to my Control Panel
>Edit Options,
>Default Thread Subscription Mode
>Selected Do not subscribe

Save at the foot of the page.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Azz I haven't changed any settings in my control panel I never subscribe to any threads but note all my posts are now automatic weekly subscriptions.
I also never subscribe to any threads Meg ..... and yes, my posts are automatic weekly subscriptions too

Have now edited my options
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 03:50 PM

Thanks ladies ..
I've been and looked and mine had been reset to Weekly notifications so I've changed it back.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 04:44 PM

Yup... everyone's has been changed so if you want to change it back to 'do not subscribe' you will have to do so manually I'm afraid.

Unfortunately there wasn't an easy way to only change it selectively so it had to be changed for everyone..
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 05:03 PM

yep,changed mine back,thanks
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 05:52 PM

I've now gone from zilch threads to 11 as I've subscribed again.
Anyone got less or more?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 07:05 PM

Thanks Azz. I have changed mine to 'Instant notifications' which, I assume, will put things back to how they were - for me anyway.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2016, 12:40 PM

Why have all my subscribed threads disappeared? It says the folder is empty.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top