Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 04:22 PM

Re: No news on holiday

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Dunno about the Tobelrone mate. Maybe a small pizza,

Ta bud. Last night at work tomorrow and I'll be on here until Thursday night then it's switch off time. I'll be in holiday mode then
Fantastic! I can remember the feeling well, especially as I hated my job too.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 04:44 PM

I'm exactly the same Floydy. We don't watch TV, Text or Email anybody on holiday, we are there to enjoy ourselves away from everyone, we do also take a mobile phone with us in case of Emergency. We also put our suit cases in the room, have a wash and clean up, then off out for the rest of the day.

Forgot to say, where are you going Floydy?

Have a great time.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

I don't watch TV on holiday, I don't want to see any news, I don't buy newspapers. I leave all that happens in the news behind.
Bet you don't go the distance without giving in .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Bet you don't go the distance without giving in .
Bet I do.

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I'm exactly the same Floydy. We don't watch TV, Text or Email anybody on holiday, we are there to enjoy ourselves away from everyone, we do also take a mobile phone with us in case of Emergency. We also put our suit cases in the room, have a wash and clean up, then off out for the rest of the day.

Forgot to say, where are you going Floydy?

Have a great time.
Thanks Susie.
Costa Adeje, Tenerife.
We visited the place briefly last year whilst staying in Los Christianos and got "talked into it" by some people we saw out there....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 05:46 PM

I'm so jealous... have a lovely time and I agree noooooo social media
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 05:55 PM

Have a lovely holiday and plenty of rest, Floydy
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 06:20 PM

A Holiday is just what you need Floydy, so relax and have a great time.
We will all still be here when you get back
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 06:41 PM

Actually, I must be honest, when I'm abroad, I do like to see some News. Not British news but local news, weather etc.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 07:52 PM

Off to Cornwall soon so I will be in holiday mode, I normally watch a bit of tv when we get back to the apartment on an evening, have a good holiday floydy, have one for me mate..
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 08:05 PM

Hey have a super time Floydy, we'll miss you, no harm in popping in if you get a spare minute but understand if you don't want to. We watch TV in bed before going to sleep on holiday, I like to keep up with the news. I keep my phone with me too, I phone my dad twice a day because we miss each other a lot. I also like to know I can keep in contact with friends and family if I want to. We are all different eh, Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, then I already know you will. 3 days to go whooohooo xxx

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top