Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 09:31 PM

Re: Anxiety

I also have COPD, and I have to use an Inhaler in the morning and a tablet before I go to bed, to ease the coughing. Even as I am writing this message to you, my throat is very dry and tightness and coughing.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 08:14 PM

I have been told that a 'hospital type bed' ,one that can be adjusted to back/foot rest to suit will be given to me instead of my recliner ,but ,like your step Dad Missy .I will find it hard getting in/out of,where my recliner can help me do this.But Ive got a feeling that I will be back to my comfy recliner chair
Also I think Ive won the battle to get a nebuliser at home, I had to promise that if using a nebuliser hasnt helped me I will ring 999,of course I will,they seem to think Im senile or something
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 08:26 PM

Take the bed if it is offered and give it a go

You can always get an ottoman to put beside the bed to help you in and out

You need something pretty substantial so you know it won't move, will bear your weight esp when using it to push yourself up onto the bed, and gives you perching room without fear of falling

(step) Dad was lucky that we had the money to buy a bed privately, one that like the chair got him upright. Unfortunately back then there wasn't a bed that got him stood upright. And he was a big man, 6 ft 8 and around 16 stone. When he went down I had no option but to get him calm and comfortable and wait for an ambulance

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top