Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 11:18 PM

Re: Blade Runner 2049

Originally Posted by fender ->
The reason being?
Not being argumentative, just interested.
I've watched the first one many times - IMO it was a masterpiece - music; characters; scenery everything was spot on - this one just seems to be a poor attempt at repeating a classic that is unrepeatable. but overall I found the characters to be weak; there were no main exciting themes and the story line just seemed a mess. and overall the color - everything outside was just a murky greyish brown. Sure there must have been a lot of effort gone into making the film but I overall response was like the song made famous by Peggy Lee "Is that all there is?"

I was excited pre-viewing ; anticipating good entertainment - I think the first time I canned it a third of the way through and then the second time forced myself out of respect for the first film to watch it in its entirety and that was the feeling " is that all there is"?

but heh the entertainment business from music to films is little understood - why is one song liked and shoots to fame and not another - same with films. and the icing not on the cake ' the appearance of Harrison Ford in the closing scenes of the film. I know he would have made a lot of money from that and 'good luck to him' but not for me!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 09:33 AM

Re: Blade Runner 2049

Still prefer the first film, it was ok but had a hard act to follow.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top